Friday, August 25, 2017

Here's what's up....and the Weekly Menu

I had a marvelous birthday celebration.  I got tons and tons of love, gifts, cards, flowers, posts.....I was stunned and overwhelmed.

We had our Little Miss Melody and it was a gorgeous day out so we headed to the zoo to get a dose of Vitamin Z.


We looked at the fountain and watched the ducks for a while.


Then decided to get some face painting done.


My Little Princess insisted on T Rex for her face.


We visited all the animals that were out and about until we reached the restaurant where we stopped to have some lunch.


After lunch we went for a ride on the carousel, mosied on over to see if the Polar Bear felt like visiting.  He didn't.  All we saw was his tail end hanging out of his cave.  Walked back towards the exit on the other side of the park to see what animals were out and about over there and then headed back to the car.

She lasted about 5 minutes and was out for the remainder of the hour ride home, slept as we carried her into the house and wasn't happy with me when I woke her up after another hour and 15 minutes so we could make our dinner reservations.

As I write this, I am waiting for Jen, Randy and Lil to arrive.  I'm not sure if Spence is coming or if he had to work.  Keeping my fingers crossed that he is with them.  Frank is getting the steaks seasoned.  He has already shucked the corn and put the potatoes on the grill to bake.

Tomorrow, we are attending an 80th Birthday celebration for Kim's mom, Janet.  I am bringing a charcuterie board.  We are also getting our Little Miss for a few days while Mama goes on a much needed vacation.

Sunday we will go to Mass and then find something fun to do, hopefully outside if weather permits. The rest of the week we will play be ear.  We are free all week except for Wednesday which will be spent at the hospital while Frank has a procedure done.

So here is the Weekly Menu.  This Monday is #MuffinMonday and I have some Lemony Olive Oil muffins to share.  

Oh....one of my gifts is a new Instant Pot so I will be playing with that this week and if things turn out well I will be sharing photos and recipes with you.  See you soon.

Saturday
Birthday Party for Janet

Sunday
Black Bean Soup
Caribbean Grilled Cheese

Monday
Grilled Sweet and Sour Pork
Steamed Brown Rice

Tuesday
Curry Coconut Chicken Kebabs
Coconut Couscous

Wednesday
TBD- Depending on Frank's Procedure

Thursday
Hamburgers

Friday
Mediterranean Shrimp Skewers
Pasta Salad





2 comments:

  1. You'll have fun with your little one but will be totally exhausted once she leaves. Happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm already exhausted but luckily she takes a 2-3 hr. nap each day and goes to bed at 8:30 or 9.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.