Friday, January 27, 2017

Didn't I just post the Weekly Menu??

My things move very quickly around here!  It seems like I just posted the weekly menu.  I blinked and here it is Friday already.

Today also marks 1 year since my Mom went to join my Pops up in Heaven.  My heart is heavy for this and also because today was the funeral for my sil's, second mother, Mrs. Rhine.  Both Mrs. Rhine and Mom lived long, full, happy lives and I know they are with their husbands and much happier than their last years here but it still makes me melancholy.  Of course, we have had no sunshine in Michigan for over a week now.  These cloudy days really get me down.  The sun is supposed to peek through on Tuesday but then disappear again.  Sigh....

I also received very bad news today that my longtime partner and friend's daughter was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer.  She is only 27 years old.  Please keep her and her family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.

Image result for eeyore quotes

Well, aren't you glad you joined me today?  Okay I'm done being all Eeyore-ish on you.  Let's see if I can find my sunshine behind all these clouds....

Image result for piglet quotes

Or take some advice from my friend, Piglet, and find some puddles to jump into......

I know!  Let's talk about tomorrow and let me wish you all a very Happy New Year.  Yes, tomorrow is Chinese New Year and 2017 is the year of the Rooster.  It implies light and wealth....both of which I look forward to enjoying LOL.  I also look forward to enjoying our celebration tomorrow night.  It is especially exciting this year because Melody is old enough to understand that this is a big celebration from her culture that we can share.

There is nothing on the calendar for Sunday.  We may take a ride to the Home and Garden show, which is always fun.  Monday I have a meeting at church.  Tuesday is a pampering day. First for me as I get my hair cut and my nails done and then for Aunt Irene as we take her lunch and help her shower.  The rest of the week is pretty quiet but I'm sure we'll find something to keep us occupied.

So I am sharing the Weekly Menu and will be back during the week to share recipes and photos.  See you then.

Saturday-Chinese New Year

Sunday
Pot Roast
Mashed Potatoes
Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Meatless Monday
Mushroom Stroganoff

Taco Tuesday
Fajita Nachos

Wednesday
Crockpot Roast Chicken
Fried Potatoes
Steamed Green Beans

Thursday
City Chicken
Pierogi
Sweet Corn

Fish Friday
Shrimp Scampi 
Angel Hair Pasta Primavera



4 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds delicious as always. I am sorry for your 'blues'. Winter does that to me and so do all the days of remembering. Yesterday was my mom's birthday. And she has been gone for more than 12 years and I still miss her so much. (Even if I would never wish her back into her suffering) And today is my step-dad's birthday. He left this earth 17 years ago this coming June and patiently waited for my mom to join him. I think we will always cherish the memories though. Sending you a big hug!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday to your Mom and Step Dad. I'm sure they are celebrating together. Supposed to have some sunshine Monday and then again next weekend. Hopefully that will get me through until my dive trip. Thanks for the hug....I needed that.

      Delete
  2. I know I seldom comment here, but I do visit often. I can feel your sorrow. My mom passed in December 2014 and I still miss her very much. I am pretty sure that won't ever go away. She suffered greatly the last year of her life and I would never wish her back into that life, so I will have to content with seeing her again when I pass from this life.

    I love your menu - but do you and your family ever have "left overs?" I plan left overs into my menu planning - cooking 4 sometimes 5 times in the week - and having left overs the other nights. Of course, I am not all that fond of cooking so "left overs" are an important part of my planning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Condolences on the anniversary of your loss. I agree, I don't think it gets easier but they are in a better place. We do eat leftovers, usually for lunch but many times repurposed into another dinner. In fact, last weeks menu featured repurposed leftovers that had been frozen for many of the nights.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.