Happy New Year everyone!!! I hope that all your celebrations were fun and that you all are home now safe and sound. We had a quiet New Year's Eve which was nice because we have been entertaining like crazy and needed a night off just to relax and reconnect.
We celebrate the 12 Days of Christmas here at our house so we have 6 more days of fun festivities to go. The folks at Sunday Supper know how busy this season is so they have invited us to share some Easy Supper Recipes with you today to make life a little less hectic and a little more enjoyable for you.
The recipe I have chosen to share with you today utilizes leftovers that I had from our Christmas Dinner. This recipe is not only easy but it is good enough to serve to company. I had our dear friend's the Lents' over for dinner along with their Mom, Caroline, who was visiting from Alabama and their son, Mike and his family, who were visiting from North Dakota. In fact, you might know Mike's wife, Amy who cooks over at Amy's Cooking Adventures.
I love cooking for holidays and never worry about making too much food because repurposing leftovers feeds us for the following week. This recipe uses leftover Chicken Marsala which is a huge family favorite around here.
While your noodles are boiling, place the leftover Chicken Marsala in a food processor and pulse until ground. Place in a bowl and add your cheeses, egg and spinach. You shouldn't need to add any seasonings since the Chicken Marsala was already seasoned.
You can make your own alfredo sauce as I did or to make things even easier you can use store bought if you prefer. I am including the recipe for my sauce though and it will be made and ready to go in the time it takes your noodles to cook.
Once the noodles are done you simply cut them in half, crosswise. Place a dollop of filling in the middle and roll them up. Lay them in a bed of sauce in a baking pan and then pour the remaining sauce over the top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake until the cheese lightly browns and the sauce is hot and bubbly.
These are so wonderful! Nobody will ever know that this meal was made with leftovers. In fact, I make it a habit to always make a little extra Chicken Marsala each time just so that we can enjoy it as Lasagna later in the week.
Chicken Marsala Lasagna Rollups
original recipe of A Day in the Life on the Farm
4-5 pieces of Leftover Chicken Marsala in it's sauce (made from this recipe)
1 c. ricotta cheese
2 c. shredded Mozzarella cheese
2 c. baby spinach, cooked until wilted and drained
1 stick butter
1/2 c. flour
3-4 c. whole milk
salt, pepper and freshly grated nutmeg to taste
8 Lasagna noodles, cooked per package directions
Place Chicken Marsala in large bowl of food processor and pulse several times until ground with no large chunks remaining. Combine ground chicken, Ricotta, egg, Mozzarella and spinach in a large bowl.
Melt butter in skillet over med high heat. Stir in the flour and cook until lightly browned and nutty smelling. Gradually add 3 cups of the milk, stirring constantly until smooth, if mixture is too thick continue adding milk 1/4 cup at a time until it reaches desired consistency. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil, remove from heat and season to taste with salt, pepper and freshly grated nutmeg. Pour 1/4 of this mixture into the bottom of a 9x13" baking pan. Set remaining sauce aside.
Cut each noodle in half, crosswise, place a dollop of chicken mixture in the center of each half and roll up. Place rolls, seam side down, on the bed of sauce in the baking pan. Pour the remaining sauce evenly over the rolls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake in a preheated 350*oven for 30 minutes. The top will be golden brown and the sauce will be bubbly. Print Recipe
Now let's see some more Easy Supper Recipes
- Chicken Enchiladas by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Chicken Scarpariello by Sunday Supper Movement
- Honey Mustard Chicken & Rice Pilaf by Wholistic Woman
- Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts and Vegetables by Simple and Savory
- Pineapple Chicken Stir-Fry by Mindy's Cooking Obsession
- Roast Chicken by Monica's Table
- Bucatini with Spinach Pesto by The Chef Next Door
- Chicken Marsala Lasagna Rollups by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Extra Cheesy Stuffed Shells by Positively Stacey
- Quick Chicken Piccata by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Mustard Pork Tenderloin by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cheesy Oven Omelette With Ham by Cricket's Confections
- Cranberry Orange Pork Roast by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Sweet and Garlicky Slow Cooker Pulled Pork by Family Foodie
Sheet Pan Suppers
- Dijon Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner by Casa de Crews
- Ranch Sheet Pan Pork Dinner by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs Provencal Style by Delaware Girl Eats
Soup and Sandwich Suppers
- Chicken and Cheese Pita Sandwiches by Pies and Plots
- Chicken Chili by A Mind "Full" Mom
- Chicken Marinara Panini by The Freshman Cook
Stove Top Suppers
- Arroz con Coco y Lentejas – Coconut Rice with Lentils by Food Lust People Love
- Asian Tuna Noodle Bowls by Cooking Chat
- Haluski (Cabbage and Noodles) by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Healthy Quinoa Japanese Donburi Bowl by NinjaBaker.com
- One Pot Braised Lamb Shoulder Chops and Vegetables by Caroline's Cooking
- Slow Cooker Chicken Ratatouille Stew by My Life Cookbook