Monday, May 30, 2016

Spicy Zucchini Bacon Cheese Muffins ~~ #MuffinMonday

Today is Muffin Monday and I have a fabulous recipe to share with you.  Muffin Monday is a wonderful group of bloggers led by Stacy of Food Lust People Love.  Stacy is the Queen of Muffin Madness and we appreciate all her hard work and love all her wonderful recipes.


For this month I needed to make muffins to serve with coffee for one of Frank's Concealed Pistol classes.  I had some leftover zucchini that I had shredded and put in the freezer after using part of it for Zucchini Jam that I knew I wanted to incorporate.  I also had some leftover bacon that I crumbled up and of course, every breakfast muffin must have cheese.  I still had a brick of chipotle cheddar that I had received from Cabot Creamery when they sponsored Brunch Week at the beginning of the month.  I thought the smoky goodness of this cheese would be perfect with the bacon and zucchini and I was right!


There were only 4 students and a dozen muffins. Only two of the dozen remained after morning coffee.  I would say they were a great success.

Zucchini Bacon Cheese Muffins
adapted from Allrecipes.com, submitted by Pam Ziegler Lutz

1 3/4 c. flour
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt 
1/4 c. butter, melted
1 egg
1 c. milk
1 c. shredded zucchini
1 c. chipotle cheddar cheese
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled

Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.  In a second bowl combine the butter, egg and milk. Incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry, mixing just until combined.  Fold in the bacon and cheese.  Divide batter between 12 muffin cups that have been treated with cooking spray or lined with papers.  Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center removes cleanly.  Print Recipe

Here are some more Memorial Day Muffins.  Let's take a moment to remember those we have lost to protect our freedoms.




#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board.

Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday, can be found on our home page.

10 comments:

  1. What is this leftover bacon of which you speak? :) That has never happened in my house. That said, I'd fry up bacon just to make your muffins, Wendy! They look and sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL it never used to happen at our house either but now my bacon still comes in one pound packages and there are only 2 of us eating it.

      Delete
  2. I love it! Chipotle cheddar, bacon, zucchini, and chives! It's like a little casserole in a muffin! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had a garden with an overflow of zucchini but these sound delish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula and all you need to do is put in one plant and you will have more zucchini than you know what to do with.

      Delete
  4. Mmmm... love all those components - these sound fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy,
    I've been in the South long enough that I read that as "Congealed Pistol Class" and was imagining some sort of Jell-o salad mold shaped like a pistol . . .
    Anyway, I used up a bunch of shredded squash I'd frozen last year just last week. I made fritters, though, but cooked them in bacon grease ;) .
    What a terrific idea for these muffins, and they look delicious.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny Kirsten, perhaps I should make that for the next lunch I serve at his class LOL.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.