Sunday, March 20, 2016

An Eggtastic #SundaySupper

This month's Sunday Supper is being hosted by Wendy of Wholistic Woman and she has chosen Eggs as our theme.  Those of you who are regular readers of my blog know that I raise laying hens and always have eggs on hand so this is a perfect theme for me.  I couldn't be happier.

There are so many egg recipes that I love and I was originally going to try my hand at a souffle.  I have never made a souffle before and have been wanting to give it a go.  I am still going to do that one day, but not today.  Today I decided to start with hard boiled eggs since many of us are going to have lots of colored eggs left from Easter that will need to be used.


Of course, you could always make this easy peasy Egg Salad  that is just delicious and could be served on leftover croissants if you served them for Easter as well.  It then occurred to me that I have never shared a recipe for deviled eggs with you.  I was just going to give you my stand by recipe. The same recipe that my Mom used and passed on and that my kids use today.  An oldie but a goodie that I will share with you now that I realize I haven't yet, but not today.  Today I am going to share with you a Deviled Egg recipe from my friend Sarah's blog, Fantastical Sharing of Recipes.  When Sarah shared her version of this recipe that she had adapted from Steak and Potatoes Kinda Gurl that had been adapted from Debbi Does Dinner Healthy.  I immediately pinned it on my To Try board. Then I promptly forgot about it until Wendy chose this great theme.  I present to you now Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs!



Each of the recipes is a little different from the other and mine is a little different from theirs.  I decided to use fresh jalapeno instead of pickled but I roasted them first over an open flame.  I used a Mexican blend of cheese. I omitted the bacon.  I also used Miracle Whip and Neufchatel Cheese as these are my preferences when a recipe calls for Mayo and Cream Cheese.


They were delicious.  I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.  Thank you to all of the above ladies for this great inspiration and to Wendy for choosing this theme.

Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs
adapted from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes

6 eggs, hard boiled
1 jalapeno
2 T. Miracle Whip
3 T. Neufchatel Cheese
2/3 c. shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Place the jalapeno pepper onto a cooking grate or grill plate over an open flame and char on all sides. When blackened and blistered, place into a plastic baggie and seal closed, allowing the pepper to steam.  Rinse the charred skin off of the pepper under running water.  Slice pepper in half removing seeds and cut into a large dice.

Peel the eggs, cut in half and separate the yolk from the whites.  Set the whites aside.  Place yolks, Miracle Whip, both cheeses and the jalapeno in the bowl of a food processor.  Pulse until completely combined.  Spoon filling into the egg whites and season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.  Print Recipe  


Appetizers & Sides
Main Dishes (Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Brinner and Dinner!)
Desserts
Sunday Supper MovementJoin the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.

30 comments:

  1. I think deviled eggs are something most people love! I know they are my favorite way to eat an egg! I really love the jalapeno popper idea because I love a little spice in about everything I make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - I am definitely going to roast fresh jalapeno for this next time. Everyone in my family keeps begging me to make these again - they are definitely a family favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What yummy, flavorful deviled eggs! It looks like these made the rounds in my old SRC group :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Liz. It was fun to trace them back to their roots at 10 Days of Tailgate in which I also participated.

      Delete
  4. I have to make several "dozen" eggs into deviled eggs at this house. They will devour a dozen of them just waiting for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the season for deviled eggs, and this recipe sounds most devilish with the spice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great flavors in these deviled eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the kich from the jalapeno

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! They sound delicious with the cheese and jalapeño.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eggs have know a renaissance in y kitchen in the last year, I truly am enjoying them. So wish I could get my own fresh eggs like you. I cannot remember the last time I had a deviled egg, your recipe looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're right, Wendy. 'Tis the season to color eggs and make egg dishes...Including dressed up deviled eggs. Thank you for your family recipe. (Love to try your egg salad, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jalapenos sound so tempting in eggs. I already love the poppers...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun twist on deviled eggs! My family would love these!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always get the most compliments on deviled eggs when I use miracle whip! Looking forward to trying your recipe!
    Thanks!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.