Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Summer Veggie Pasta for #WeekdaySupper

You know those days when you have forgotten to take anything out of the freezer for dinner?  Those days when you are standing in front of the refrigerator thinking what in the heck are you going to make for dinner before you have to leave for a meeting in an hour?  You do know what I mean? Great, then this recipe is for you.


I used Angel Hair Pasta that only takes 3 minutes to cook.

While the water was coming to a boil, I grabbed some Asparagus and a bit of Ricotta Cheese that was left from another recipe.  I had a pint of grape tomatoes and some shallots on my counter so I grabbed those as well.  You could grab any veggies that you have in your fridge and make this your very own.

Sunday Supper MovementThis was a perfect dish to share with you for Weekday Supper.  It is quick, easy and delicious. It is easily adapted to fit your tastes and your available ingredients.  During this time of the year when the Farmer's Markets and CSA baskets are overflowing with bounty, we all have a wide range of veggies to choose from and it is just as good in the winter using squash and root vegetables.  No cheese, no worries....it is just as tasty without. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Summer Veggie Pasta

1/2 lb. Angel Hair Pasta (or pasta of choice), cooked per package directions
1 bunch Asparagus, woody ends snapped off, remainder cut into 2" pieces.
1 large or 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
1 pint grape tomatoes
1/2 c. ricotta cheese
1 T Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan for sprinkling

While the water is coming to a boil for the pasta, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over med high heat.  Add the shallots and asparagus and cook until shallots are golden brown and asparagus is crisp tender.  Season to taste with salt and pepper.  Add the tomatoes and cook until they start to pop open. Stir in the Ricotta cheese until melted.  Add the cooked pasta and 1/4 c of the pasta cooking water to the skillet and toss to coat.  Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.  Print Recipe

Please take a look at what the others have come up with using fresh veggies this week.



5 comments:

  1. I love quick, fresh pasta dishes like this!! Cheese, veggies, pasta... mmm.... looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delish. I almost always use angel hair pasta. We just like it better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I probably would add some fresh garlic (because I love garlic in everything except ice cream and chocolate LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Garlic is pretty much a staple here as well. I don't know how I didn't add it to this dish.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.