#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.
Yes, that's right, it is time for this month's Bundt Bakers reveals. Our host this month is Anne who blogs over at From my Sweet Heart. From my Sweet Heart is a blog dedicated to all things yummy and sweet....you really need to check it out.....but have a napkin handy to mop up your drool. Anne chose Lemons as our theme this month. This made me happy because, after chocolate desserts, lemon are my favorite! Thanks Anne for choosing lemons and for hosting us this month.
I actually made this cake for a Memorial Day BBQ to which we were invited. It was the perfect cake to take on a picnic or a barbecue. You didn't need to worry about refrigeration. The slices could be eaten from a napkin with your fingers. Last, but most importantly, it was bright and moist and delicious.
I adapted the recipe I used from one by Martha Stewart. I made some minor changes in the recipe. I used Greek Yogurt instead of Sour Cream because that was what was in my fridge. The recipe also called for adding all of the lemon juice at once before alternating the dry ingredients with the yogurt. Reading the comments on the recipe, I noted one that said her cake batter "broke" when the lemon was added so I added my lemon juice gradually alternating with the dry ingredients and the yogurt. It was very successful. I don't know if the cake batter would have broken otherwise but I figured why chance it. The biggest adaptation I made was to add poppyseeds to the cake because Lemon/Poppyseed....well YEAH!
This is a large cake so use a 12 c. Bundt Pan.
I was excited because I got to use my new pan that Ting got me for Mom's Day.
I needed to cover the cake with foil about halfway through the baking time so it wouldn't get too brown.
I allowed it to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes.
It slipped right out without a hint of trouble.
I also chose to use a lemon glaze on the cake instead of a lemon syrup.
This was a wonderful, bright cake that I was proud to serve.
adapted from Martha Stewart
2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
3 c. flour
2 T. finely grated lemon zest
1/3 c. fresh lemon juice
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
2 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. Greek Yogurt
2 T. poppyseeds
1 c. sifted confectioners sugar
1-2 T. fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350*. Prepare pan by spraying liberally with baking spray.
Combine flour, lemon zest, soda and salt in a bowl. In large bowl of stand mixer cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Turn mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture, alternately with the yogurt and the lemon juice, mixing after each addition until just incorporated and being careful not to overmix. Stir in the poppyseeds.
Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. If the cake begins browning too much loosely cover with a piece of aluminum foil. Allow the cake to cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15-30 minutes. Turn out onto the wire rack and allow to cool completely.
Sift 1 c. confectioners sugar into a bowl. Stir in 1 T. of the lemon juice, continue stirring in lemon juice a teaspoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency. Pour over the cooled cake.
Look at all the lovely, lemony creations being shared this month!
- Bee's Knees Lemon Honey Bundt from Food Lust People Love
- Blueberry-Lemon Breakfast Bundt from Cali's Cuisine
- Bundt Cake de Limón from La Mejor Manera de Hacer
- Eggless Lemon Bundt Cake from Seduce Your Tastebuds
- Extra Lemon Bundt Cake from Los Chatos Chefs
- Lavender Lemon Cake from Magnolia Days
- Lemon & Lime Cheese Bundt Cake from Un Mordisco Un Pecado
- Lemon Apple Upside Down Bundt Cake from Simply Veggies
- Lemon Basil Bundt Cake from Tartacadabra
- Lemon Bundt Cake from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Lemon Buttermilk Bundt Cake with Tart Lemon Glaze from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Lemon Confetti Bundt Cake from Our Good Life
- Lemon Curd Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze from I Love Bundt Cakes
- Lemon Honey Bundt Cake from Brunch with Joy
- Lemon Marble Bundt Cake from Jenny and Sweets
- Lemon Meringue Chiffon Cake from Baking in Pyjamas
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake from Liv for Cake
- Lemon Poppy Seeds Bundt Cake from La Cocina de Aisha
- Lemon Poppyseed Bundt from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemon Rhubarb Bundt Cake from From Gate to Plate
- Lemon Ricotta and Poppyseed Bundt Cake from Spice Roots
- Lemon Ricotta Bundt Cake from Love and Confections
- Lemon-Cranberry Poppyseed Bundt Cake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Mini Limoncello Bundts from Living the Gourmet
- Pink Lemon Pound Cake from Making Miracles
- Pink Lemonade Bundt from Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Rhubarb Pound Cake Bundt with Lemon Glaze from Brooklyn Homemaker
- Soft Lemon Rosemary Bread from Passion Kneaded
- Spring Strawberry Lemon Bundt Cake from Adventures in All Things Food
- Strawberry Lemonade Bundt Cake from Baking and Creating with Avril
- Sweet Lemon Bundt with Blackberry Glaze from From My Sweet Heart