Friday, April 10, 2015

Spring Pea and Mint Salad

Frank's brother, Dan, and his wife, Rebecca, joined us for dinner this evening.  We always enjoy spending time with them but we aren't going to fool ourselves into thinking that we were the reason they came by tonight.  Nope, not at all........


It was these little guys that got them to come over and join us for dinner on a Friday night.  It's okay though.  We are happy to share our little guys with the family. We were also happy to share dinner with them.  I served  Roasted Chicken, Potato Galette, Glazed Carrots and this delicious Spring Pea and Mint Salad that I am sharing with you tonight.  Rebecca brought a delicious Chocolate/Raspberry Cake for dessert.  It was a lovely evening.


Spring Pea and Mint Salad

1 pkg. Frozen Baby Peas, thawed
1/2 of a small red onion, diced small
1/2 of a bunch of mint, leaves removed from stems and roughly chopped
2 T. olive oil
1 T. red wine vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste
Place peas, onion and mint into a med bowl.  In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil and vinegar, season with salt and pepper.  Pour over pea mixture and toss to combine.  Let set at room temperature for at least an hour before serving.  Print Recipe



14 comments:

  1. I haven't eaten a Pea Salad like this! I've printed it out to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mint is just beginning to break ground, not yet ready to harvest, but this recipe might send me to the grocery for a store-bought bunch. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never had anything like this before! I need to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peas + mint are so lovely together and this looks like a perfect way to enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pea salad so much! It is one of my very favorite salads all spring and summer. Love that you used mint! P~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love when peas are in the stores. Every summer I shell so many peas and pit so many cherries, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh I've never had pea salad before, this looks great. And I love that it has fresh mint! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.