She also mentioned that they were STARVING.......
So into the kitchen I went to see what I could scrounge up for lunch. I had recently received a gift pack from The Book Club Cookbook that included a jar of Dried and Prejudice Seasoned Salt.
This spice was only a gift and no post nor mention of it was requested or required but I was so pleased with it I wanted to share the results with you.
I sliced up the chicken, seasoned it with the Dried and Prejudice blend and put it on the stove to brown in some olive oil. I went into the cupboard looking for kidney or black beans....I didn't find any but I did find a can of Cannellini beans so I grabbed those, drained and rinsed them.
I added these to the chicken and opened the refrigerator to see what else I had available. I found half a jar of green salsa, about 3 Tablespoons of red salsa and 4 large burrito size flour tortillas.
I added the salsa to the chicken and beans. Mashed up some of the beans a little bit and left it to cook and thicken.
I grabbed this mixture, the tortillas and some olive oil and headed out to the grill. Brushed each tortilla with a little olive oil and placed it onto the hot grill. Added 1/4 of the chicken mixture and 1/4 cup of cheese to each and folded it over to get nice and crisp on the outside and ooey gooey on the inside.
But with that being said....it is Friday and my cupboards are begining to be bare. Time for the Weekly Menu so I can make a list for the grocers.
We have been very happy to be having gatherings of up to 10 people over to enjoy the pool and enlarged deck. Frank's sister and her husband are joining us for dinner this evening and I'm looking forward to it.
Most of our meals during this time of year are cooked and served outside so my Menu reflects that....
Grilled Chicken Breast with Strawberry Basil Salsa (moved from last Thursday)
Tortellini with Peas and Asparagus
Serve yourself taco bar
Roasted chicken with Clementines
Grilled Bratwurst and Cabbage Salad
Grilled Shrimp Skewers over Rice Pilaf
#quesadilla, #chicken, #beans, #salsa,
Entrees, Appetizer, Snack, Chicken
Yield: 6 servings
Grilled Chicken and Bean Quesadillas
These delicious quesadillas are stuffed with a chicken and bean mixture and then grilled until crispy outside and gooey inside.
Prep time: 5 MCook time: 20 MTotal time: 25 M
- 1 (4-6 oz) chicken breast, sliced into strip
- seasoning salt to taste
- 1 (15 oz) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 c. salsa verde
- 3 T. favorite red salsa
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 c. shredded Colby Jack cheese
- olive oil
- sour cream for serving, if desired
- Heat 1/2 T. of olive oil in a large skillet over med high heat. Season the chicken with the seasoning salt and add to the skillet. Cook until no longer pink, then add the beans to the skillet. Cook for a minute or two, smashing some of the beans with a wooden spoon. Add the salsas and cook until chicken is cooked through and mixture is thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat a grill to med high. Brush each tortilla with olive oil and lay onto the hot grill. Divide the chicken mixture and the cheese between the tortillas, covering half of each. Fold the other half of the tortilla over the mixture and grill for 2 or 3 minutes, until nice grill marks appear and the bottom is crispy. Flip over and cook the other side for another 2 or 3 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and cut each into 3 wedges. Serve with sour cream or additional salsa, if desired.
Sat. Fat (grams)
Property of A Day in the Life on the Farm
Created using The Recipes Generator