Monday, July 22, 2019

July is flying by but here is the Weekly Menu

What an absolutely whirlwind month we have had.  I'm not complaining.  I love having a house full of company and the chaos that ensues.  But, I must admit, I had a bit of a melt down yesterday while at the Tigers game to surprise our friend Chet with a birthday celebration.


I was suffering a headache, I had these 3 darlings all clamoring for something different, I was hangry and feeling jostled by the crowd.  I had a small meltdown which Frank recognized immediately and graciously took over with some of the requests being thrown at me.  We all went into the restaurant to meet up with the Birthday Party gang and had some lunch which helped immensely.  We got to see a lot of people who we don't get to see near often enough and the tigers WON in overtime.  It ended up being a great day.

This crazy weekend started with a funeral for Frank's cousin on Saturday morning after which we picked up the Angel Face for her 2 week stay while Mama is in France and went directly to a graduation party.  It was HOT and muggy.  When we got home from the party, my brother Dick and his family were all here, visiting our brother. Larry and his family who are staying with us for the month.

Luckily we had planned on spaghetti for dinner and that can be stretched to feed as many as you need.  Frank made the spaghetti while I lounged in the pool with everyone and then, rejuvenated, I came into the house, threw together a salad, cut up some bread and dinner was served.

Yesterday we stopped and picked up carryout on the way home from the game.  Mary is leaving this morning to spend some time with her sisters for a few days.  Tomorrow our sister, Dawn, is having an impromptu get together for the family as her middle son, Jake, is moving back to the Upper Peninsula in Michigan from Florida where he had moved for his job. 

Wednesday, Mary will be back home. She has lunch plans with friends and I have food pantry.  We are meeting her cousins for dinner at a local restaurant. 

So it is a short menu this week but I still wanted to share it with you today.

Saturday
Spaghetti
Salad

Sunday
Carry out Chicken and Ribs

Monday
Steak with Mango and Jalapenos
Baked Potatoes
Broccoli

Tuesday-Dinner at Dawn's
Shortbread Skillet
Cheesecake Truffles
Peach and Nectarine Pie

Wednesday
Out for dinner

Thursday
Bratwurst and Blaukraut Sandwiches
Potato Salad
Macaroni Salad

Fish Friday
Grilled Salmon Packets



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.