Monday, June 25, 2018

Cheesey Corn Muffins #CookoutWeek #MuffinMonday


Delicious tender corn muffins with a surprise filling inside.  This muffin makes a great accompaniment to whatever you are serving up.  As a bonus, any that are leftover are great for breakfast in the morning.





Welcome to Day 1 of Cookout Week.  You can learn all about it and enter to win some great prizes over at my Welcome Post.  Today also happens to be Muffin Monday so I thought what better way to kick off the week than with a Cheesey Corn Muffin that is perfect to pair with whatever you might be Cooking Out.


I will be sharing Cookout food with you each day this week as will about 50 other food bloggers.  You will want to stop by each day to see what I'm cooking up, link to the other blogger's recipes and link back to the raffle so that you may be the big winner.  I would love for one of my readers to win a prize.

You will find links to the Cookout recipes as well as links to more marvelous Muffins following my easy peasy cheesey recipe....



#cookoutweek, #cornmuffins, #muffinmonday, #cheese,
bread, muffins, quick breads, side dish
Yield: 6 muffinsPin it

Cheesey Corn Muffins

prep time: 5 minscook time: 15 minstotal time: 20 mins
Delicious tender corn muffins with a surprise filling inside. This muffin makes a great accompaniment to whatever you are serving up.

ingredients:

1/2 c. cornmeal
1/2 c. flour
1 T. sugar
pinch of salt
2 t. baking powder
1/3 c. milk
2 T.  olive oil
1 egg
2-3 oz. cheddar cheese, cut into 6 cubes

instructions:

Combine the cornmeal,  flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a bowl.  Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.   Whisk together the milk, oil and egg.  Pour into the well of the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.

Divide the batter between 6 muffin cups that have been treated with baking spray or lined with paper cups.  Place a cube of cheese into the middle of each and bake in a preheated 450* oven for 15 minutes, until golden brown.  

Let cool for a few minutes but serve warm while the cheese is still gooey and melted.


Created using The Recipes Generator



Cookout Creations



More Marvelous Muffins


Muffin Monday
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday, can be found on our home page.

15 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, I could eat a bunch of these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I adapted the recipe to only make six Jolene.

      Delete
  2. Cheese...inside of corn muffins...big ol' happy dance going on for that one!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but they are best eaten warm right from the oven Colleen.

      Delete
  3. Ooo, these are perfect for Cookout Week! :D I need to go get some cornmeal!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh, love that melty cube of cheese in the middle, Wendy! What a lovely surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent cheese shot Wendy! I love how you combined the two events. I need to get better at that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes it much easier than posting 2 or 3 articles on the same day. Not always possible though.

      Delete
  6. Okay. Yum! Too bad we're not eating grains right now. As soon as I can, I will try these. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I'm sitting here stuffing my face with cheese and crackers I'm thinking how difficult it must be to give up grains.

      Delete
  7. My boys would LOVE these muffins. The cheese in the center adds a little surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This muffin looks absolutely incredible!! I love everything about the cheesy goodness!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.