Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Ham. Broccoli and Cheese Corn Muffins #MuffinMonday

Here's a great way for you to use up some of those Christmas leftovers.  These muffins go together quickly and make a quick nutritious breakfast.

It is nice to be able to just sit and relax with one of these muffins and a cup of coffee now that there is a slight lull in the Holiday activities.



These muffins also freeze well so that when everyone goes back to work and school they can be taken out the night before and grabbed as people are running out the door, getting accustomed to real life once again.

Welcome to a late edition of Muffin Monday.  Since Christmas fell on our normally scheduled posting date, our leader, Stacy of Food Lust People Love, took a vote to see if we wanted to change  the date or skip this month.



I voted for changing it to today because I knew I would have leftovers and making muffins is a great foil for so many items.  I love repurposing leftovers into new dishes.

We had Ham for Christmas Dinner and a Broccoli Gratin. There was a lot of leftover ham and a small bit of the Gratin that contained blue cheese.  It was the perfect combination for these muffins.

Ham, Broccoli and Cheese Corn Muffins

1/2 c. cornmeal
1/2 c. flour
1 T. sugar
pinch of salt
2 t. baking powder
1/2 c. milk
2 T. olive oil
1 egg, beaten
1/2 c. diced ham
1/2 c. broccoli/blue cheese gratin,chopped (or 1/2 c. steamed broccoli and 1 oz. blue cheese crumbles)

Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a bowl.  Make a well in the dry ingredients.  Add egg, milk and olive oil into the hole.  Stir just until combined.  Fold in ham and broccoli gratin.  Divide between a six cup muffin tin that has been treated with cooking spray.  Bake in a preheated 450* oven for 15 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted removes cleanly.  Print Recipe



More Magnificent Muffins

9 comments:

  1. I love using leftovers in muffins as well, Wendy! Bet these where delicious with the ham, broccoli and cheese. Great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great combination of ingredients! The broccoli sounds intriguing! I bet this would be great with a bowl of cheese soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful idea Sue. Broccoli Gratin recipe coming soon to a blog near you.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic use of dinner leftovers Wendy! A little portable meal! I'd probably be able to eat two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy! I have ham and cream cheese corn left over and I am going to put them into a corn muffin right now. Will let you know how they taste!! You are an inspiration to my simple way of cooking!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH I know they will taste marvelous. What a great combination of flavors.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Wendy! I didn't have eggs so as soon as I get some I am going to make these....LOL!

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.