Good Morning and Happy #BundtBakers Day.
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.
This month I am hosting....YAY and of course I chose the theme of Apples. August is my birthday month and it is also prime harvesting month for apples here in Michigan. When I was a kid, my parents had a small orchard containing, apple, pear and plum trees. Each year for my birthday my Mom would make me this apple cake. I am not much for frosting so this cake was perfect, topped with cinnamon sugar.
As an adult my tastes have changed a lot...but I am still not a frosting fan, hence my love of Bundt Cakes that normally just have a drizzle of glaze on them. For today's event I am sharing my adaptation of a recipe by the Deen Family. They call theirs Uncle Bob's Fresh Apple Cake. I switched out the walnuts for almonds and changed the procedure a little bit but basically stuck to the recipe as written.
I served this up first as dessert when we had friends for dinner and then with coffee in the morning to Frank's students who were attending his CPL class. It was a hit both times and kept very well, wrapped in the refrigerator, as promised by Paula Deen.
You will find the rest of the #BundtBakers apple cake contributions following the recipe. I cannot wait to check them all out!!
Apple Almond Coffee Cake with Honey Glaze
adapted from The Deen Family; Food Network.com
1 c. powdered sugar
2 T. honey
2 T. milk
Add all ingredients to a small bowl and stir until smooth. Set aside
2 apples, diced (I used Organic All Fresh Michigan Apples)
1 c. sliced almonds
2 t. cinnamon
3 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
2 c. sugar
1 1/4 c. canola oil
Place apples and almonds in a small bowl and toss with the cinnamon and 1 T. of the flour (taken from the 3 cups). Set aside.
Combine the remaining flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside
In the large bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the sugar, oil and eggs. Turn the speed to low and add the flour mixture. When incorporated, turn the speed to med and beat until completely combined. Fold in the apples and nuts. Batter will be thick and stiff. Scrape the batter into a bundt pan that has been treated liberally with baking spray. Bake in a preheated 325* oven for 90 minutes or until a skewer inserted removes cleanly.
Allow cake to cool completely in the pan, about 1 hr. Turn out onto a plate and drizzle with the glaze. Print Recipe
More Awesome Apple Bundts
- Apple & Peanut Butter Bundt Cake by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Apple Almond Coffee Cake with Honey Glaze by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple and Toasted Pecan Bundt Cake with Rum Syrup by Patty's Cake
- Apple Crumble Bundt by Jane's Adventure in Dinner
- Apple French Cruller Bundt Cake by All That's Left Are The Crumbs
- Apple Honey Blossom Bundt by Living the Gourmet
- Apple Sharlotka Bundt Cake by Spiceroots
- Apple Spice Bundt with Salted Caramel Sauce by kidsandchic
- Apple Streusel Bundt Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Apple~Cream Cheese Bundt Cake by The Queen of Scones
- Chocolate Chip Apple Cake by Making Miracles
- Cinnamon Apple Streusel Cake by Tea and Scones
- Cinnamon Pecan Applesauce Bundt Cake by Magnolia Days
- Clotted Cream & Apple Spice Bundt by Baking in Pyjamas
- Double Caramel Apple Bundt by The Crumby Cupcake
- Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy Apple Bundt by Food Lust People Love
- Jewish Apple Cake by I love Bundt Cakes
- Jewish Praline Pecan Apple Cake by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Lighter Jewish Apple Cake by Cookaholic Wife
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.