Saturday, December 19, 2015

The Christmas Menu is decided....and the Weekly Menu

Can you believe Christmas is less than a week away.  I don't even have my shopping done yet! I am so glad that we had Frank's office party so early this year or I don't think the house would be decorated either.  Once Mom got sick and sent to the hospital everything came to a screeching halt. Now that she is home on hospice I am able to do the things that need to be done here at home but haven't been able to get out and shop.  Dawn is coming this today and Dick is coming tomorrow, so I have some time to get this done but we also have Mass tonight and our Advent Concert tomorrow so we will see how much time we actually have.



I am also very happy that I had bought all the kid's gifts for the Santa party.  Should nobody else get gifts they did and Christmas is all about the kids anyway.  Agreed?  Good then all the adults should understand if my shopping doesn't get done and they end up the recipients of gift cards.

Another good thing was that when I was at the Market buying for Thanksgiving dinner I had the foresight to order up my Crown Roast and Rib Roast so it will be ready and waiting for me or whoever picks it up on Wednesday.  Have I told you lately how wonderful my kids are?  They are.  I don't know how I got so lucky.  They all got together and discussed how they could help me during this and offered to make dinner.  My kids are great cooks and would do a wonderful job....the only problem is that cooking and being in the kitchen is a great stress reliever for me. They understood completely with a "Good, you cook and we will clean".  I told you they are terrific.  So here is what I am cooking:

And here is my Menu for the rest of the week:

Saturday
Out for dinner after Mass and before shopping

Sunday

Meatless Monday

Tuesday
Baked Potatoes
Steamed Green Beans

Wednesday
Order in Pizza

Christmas Eve
Dinner at Dan's 

Christmas Day
See Menu posted above










2 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds wonderful. We are going to change things around a bit from the normal fare here at my house. We are grilling steaks outside on Christmas day!! I am happy to hear your mom has been having some good days. When it gets to end, like this, we begin to question if we know anything at all about dying. Just remember, God will chose the perfect time to take your mom home!! Love you Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Paula. I am just so grateful that she is not in any pain or discomfort. Grilled steaks sound like the perfect Christmas Dinner. That is the usual fare for my family in California. Who would have thought that our Christmas in the Midwest would be mild enough to allow us this treat.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.