Monday, December 7, 2015

An update to the Mom update and the Weekly Menu

Mom's congestive heart failure is under control.  The fluid levels are down.  They will start weaning her off the oxygen and she should be cut loose from here in the next couple of days.  Prayers are answered all the time.

Image result for prayers answered

So since I am not going to be living in the hospital I need to get going on the Weekly Menu.

Saturday was the party.  Yesterday we celebrated St. Nicholas Day at Amy's.  She made us a lovely dinner.

Tonight Frank went home to make us Meatball Subs with some of the leftovers from the party. 

Tomorrow we will use up the leftover Italian Sausage.

Wednesday, my brother Larry is coming in from California.  Thankfully it will now be a happy homecoming for him.  Dinner will depend on what is going on with Mom because we will be going from the airport to wherever Mom is and then probably grab a bite to eat out.

I am going to plan a crockpot meal for Thursday as I still am not sure what is going to be happening with Mom.

Friday I think we will do a fish fry and get ready for our Dinner with Santa on Saturday.

Saturday-POLC Party

Sunday
St. Nicholas dinner at Amy's

Monday
Meatball Subs

Tuesday 
Pasta Marinara with Italian Sausage

Wednesday
Out for Dinner

Thursday
Biscuits

Friday
Fish Fry
Macaroni and Cheese
Cole Slaw

3 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear that your mom is doing better. Richard had a few bouts with CHF and it was not fun. Not being able to breathe because your lungs are full of fluid has to be so scary! Nice menu for the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula...you would have died....here we were in the ER thinking Mom was on her way out. I am calling everyone and they are flying home from all over and driving to the hospital to see Mom. She looks at me and asks where we are. I tell her at the hospital and she gets all concerned "Oh my God, are you sick?" she asks.

      Delete
    2. That is so funny Wendy! Well, you know what I mean. I am glad that she is better. My prayers are still with all of you

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.