Sunday, June 7, 2015

Melon and Blueberry Salad for #HotSummerEats 2015

Wow, what a week this has been!  I'm feeling kind of melancholy that it is almost over.  Tomorrow is our last day and the last opportunity for you to enter to win some great prizes from our wonderful sponsors.

I want to take a moment to thank my friend, Cam, of Culinary Adventures with Camilla, for all of her hard work for the past couple of months.  She throws the best parties in blogland and I, and many others. think that she is the hostess with the mostest!

Today, I am sharing with you a salad filled with dark leafy greens and colorful fruits dressed in a citrus vinaigrette that you are going to love and be proud to serve at all of your summer get togethers. Not only is it delicious and beautiful but it is easy peasy.....the perfect recipe....Enjoy.

I used, my handy dandy little juicer that I got from Casabella to make the vinaigrette.  I juiced the lemon into it and then added the remaining ingredients right into the juicing cup, mixed with a fork and poured over the dressing.  I love that juicer!


Melon and Blueberry Salad

1 handful of Baby Spinach per person
1 handful of Baby Arugula per person
1 slice of Honeydew melon per person, peeled and cut into chunks
1 slice of Cantaloupe per person, peeled and cut into chunks
1/4 c. blueberries per person
1/4 English cucumber, cut in half and then cut into moons, per person
2 T. crumbled Feta cheese, per person

Toss all ingredients together in a bowl.

Vinaigrette for 8 servings

1/4 c. Lemon juice
2 T olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients.  Shake or stir well to emulsify. Pour over salad, toss lightly and serve.





7 comments:

  1. I just noticed that our U-pick blueberry and blackberry farm is open. I've got to get over there and I the will most definitely make this salad. It looks so delicious. Love the dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh beautiful!!! What a gorgeous salad, so perfect for Summer, and I love all the flavors combined! Yum, Hugs, Terra

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful and PERFECT summery salad Wendy! I love, love, love all your gorgeous salads you share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fresh juice always makes for a great vinaigrette!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.