Monday, June 8, 2015

Grilled Vegetable Salad for the final day of #HotSummerEats

As you folks are reading and enjoying this last day of Hot Summer Eats, I am enjoying my last day in North Carolina.  We fly home this evening and then life returns to normal abnormal.

I can't believe we have already shared a full weeks worth of recipes for all your summer cooking needs.  Actually today is my 8th post. Since we started and ended on a Monday, our readers get a bonus day.  Not only a bonus day for more great recipes, but also a bonus day to enter the raffle where our generous sponsors are giving away great gifts!



I want to extend one last BIG thank you to Cam, of Culinary Adventures with Camilla, for all of her hard work for the past few months setting this event up and then pulling it off without a hitch.  You are my blogging hero Cam!!  I also want to, once again, thank all of our sponsors who provided us with great products to use during this event and donated such great prize packages for you.  You guys rock!!!


I loved all of the great products that we received and had great fun incorporating them into the recipes that I created for this event.  Today I used a wonderful Sweet Garlic Vinaigrette from TLish to marinade vegetables for an easy peasy and delicious side dish to any grilled meats this summer or a main dish for those who abstain from meat.  For the vegans out there you can omit the cheese and dig in.


Grilled Vegetable Salad

1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2" pieces
1 each, yellow, red and orange sweet pepper, cut into 2" chunks
1/2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes (I found a colorful summer mix of tomatoes)
1/4 c. crumbled goat cheese
5 or 6 mint leaves coarsely chopped
1/2 c. Sweet Garlic Vinaigrette (I used T-Lish)

Toss vegetables in Vinaigrette.  Pour into a grill pan and grill over med high heat, tossing occasionally until the vegetables are crisp tender and starting to char.  Place in a serving bowl and sprinkle with the cheese and mint.  Print Recipe




4 comments:

  1. Wendy that sounds absolutely lovely!! I will definitely have to give the Garlic marinade a try with some roasted veggies this week. Yumm!! I cannot believe this blog party is already at an end. I can't wait to continue recipe testing and cooking with all the yummy sauces and spices I received for this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grilled veggies are the best! Love that you threw them all together into one salad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I roast em in the winter and grill em in the summer. Delicious.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.