Monday, October 31, 2022

Pulled Pork Corn Muffins #MuffinMonday

Pulled Pork with Cornbread is a match made in heaven.  I decided to combine them into delicious jumbo muffins suitable to serve for a casual dinner.

Pulled Pork Corn Muffin Dinner plate

It's time for Muffin Monday...............
Each last Monday of the month Stacy of Food Lust People Love invites us to share muffin recipes.  I join in quite often because muffins are such a great food.  They are quick and easy to make.  They can be sweet or savory.  They are portable so they are great for on the go meals or packed into lunch boxes and they are a great way to use up any odd bits and ends you have in your refrigerator.

This month I had some leftover Honeyed Pork Loin Roast that needed to be used.  Muffins to the rescue!!

Let's see what Muffins the others are sharing........


Pulled Pork Corn Muffins

This recipe is easily adaptable.  I am going to share how I turned my leftover pork into BBQ pulled pork but you can use any pulled pork recipe or just leftover pulled pork if that's what you served up for dinner one night.

Pulled Pork Corn Muffins

I was serving mine for dinner so I decided to use large muffin tins.  You can use regular size muffins just as well.  Either way you need to make a 12 serving Corn Muffin Batter.  Or you can cheat, as I did this month, and open two packages of Jiffy Cornbread Mix.

Pulled Pork Corn Muffins

This recipe makes 6 large muffins.  My husband had two of them for dinner but one was plenty for me and the Teen.  I am marking the recipe as 3 servings but keep in mind that these are pretty hearty.  I used our homemade BBQ Sauce which is easy and amazing.  You should try it but if you have a favorite sauce in your refrigerator feel free to use that instead.  


Entrees, Pork, Cornbread, Muffins
Entrees
American
Yield: 3 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Pulled Pork Corn Muffins

Pulled Pork Corn Muffins

Pulled Pork with Cornbread is a match made in heaven. I decided to combine them into delicious jumbo muffins suitable to serve for a casual dinner.
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 3 H & 20 MTotal time: 3 H & 30 M

Ingredients

  • 1 lb. leftover pork loin, cut into slices
  • 1 c. broth or water
  • 1/2 c. BBQ Sauce (my recipe)
  • Cornbread batter for 12 regular size muffins (my recipe)

Instructions

  1. Place the pork loin and broth into a slow cooker and cook on high for a couple of hours, until the pork is easily shredded.
  2. Remove the pork to a cutting board, discard the liquid, shred the pork and return to the slow cooker with the bbq sauce. Cook for another hour. You will have more than you need for these muffins.
  3. Treat 6 large muffin tins with baking spray. Fill halfway with batter and top with about 3-4 Tablespoons of the pork. Top with the remaining batter.
  4. Bake in a preheated 400* oven for about 20 minutes, until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the center removes cleanly.

Nutrition Facts

Calories

347.57

Fat (grams)

8.36

Sat. Fat (grams)

2.66

Carbs (grams)

30.35

Fiber (grams)

0.89

Net carbs

29.46

Sugar (grams)

19.03

Protein (grams)

35.56

Sodium (milligrams)

688.8

Cholesterol (grams)

106.65

8 comments:

  1. This is just the sort of savory muffin I love, Wendy! Perfect for lunch or dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I'm always looking for ways to use up leftover pulled pork, this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great little package for dinner! What a great way to use up that pork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I clicked on the link for the barbecue sauce and went down a rabbit hole! But now I have some new recipes to test out. I was just talking about corn bread with my mother yesterday. I don't like it but was thinking of making some for her. These would be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please let me know if you decide to try any of the recipes and how they worked out for you Kelly

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.