Well, my friends, the Sunday Supper crew is getting together today to share all of our favorite cookie traditions with you to help ease some of the stress you might still be feeling as you are getting ready for Christmas or the next big Holiday gathering at your house. Pour yourself a cup of coffee, put your feet up and take a look at all the wonderful recipes we are bringing to the table today. You are sure to find one that pulls on your heartstrings and calls you to the kitchen with your loved ones to spend an hour or two of quality time together during this busy Holiday season.
This is an easy peasy butter cookie recipe.
Mix it all together in one bowl.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hrs or overnight.
Roll into balls and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
Press half of an Ande's mint candy into the center and bake for 10 minutes.
I am sharing a recipe that is very special to me because it is my son, Chuck's, favorite Christmas cookie and I have made it for him each year since he was a toddler. This year, Chuck isn't able to come home for Christmas. He is in the Navy and is currently stationed at Portsmouth Naval Hospital in Virginia. So as I made these cookies this year I shed some tears. Most were tears of happiness for wonderful memories of Christmases past and a few were selfish tears because I won't get my Christmas hug in person this year when he reaches for one of these cookies that I will be shipping to him.
Remove from oven and place on a rack to cool.
This recipe makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
These are a wonderful, tender butter cookie with a minty treat included.
They are easy to make and quick to disappear.
I packed up a dozen and a half to send to our son.
And quickly sealed the package so that they all didn't get eaten before I had a chance to mail them.
Brown Eyed Susans
slightly adapted from BHG
3/4 c. butter, room temperature
1/2 c. sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 3/4 c. flour
15 Andes Chocolate Mint Candies, broken in half
Cream butter, sugar, egg, salt and vanilla together in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Reduce mixer speed to slow and gradually add flour until combined. Place dough in the refrigerator for at least 2 hrs or overnight.
Using about 2 t. of dough, shape into 1" balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Press a mint half into the middle of each cookie, flattening it. Bake in a preheated 400* oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove immediately from hot pan to cooling rack. Print Recipe
Let's take a look at some more Cookielicious recipes!
- Adaptable Marshmallow Bars by Get the Good Stuff
- Alfajores by Curious Cuisiniere
- Amaretto Apricot Oatmeal Cookies by Magnolia Days
- Amaretto Balls by Palatable Pastime
- Brown Eyed Susans by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chewy Gingersnaps by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate – Pear Biscotti by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Coffee Cake Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Cowboy Cookies by Party Food and Entertaining
- Cranberry Orange Rugelach Cookies by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Dark Chocolate Mint Cake Mix Cookies by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Espresso-Ginger Sandwich Cookies by Wholistic Woman
- Espresso Snickerdoodles by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Frosted Ginger Spice Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Funfetti Marshmallow Cookies by Brunch with Joy
- Gluten Free Hazelnut Truffle Cookies by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Gluten Free Nutella Stuffed Linzer Cookies by Fearless Dining
- Green Tea Macarons with Chocolate Ganache by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Holiday Nutrolls by Delaware Girl Eats
- Kolaczki by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Lemon Thumbprint Cookies by Cookin’ Mimi
- Macadamia Nut Butter Crisps by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mocha chocolate Chip cookies by Monica’s Table
- Mudslide Cookies by Books ‘n Cooks
- Nana’s Russian Teacakes byThe Crumby Cupcake
- Pfeffernüsse by Feeding Big
- Pistachio oatmeal cookies by Caroline’s Cooking
- Pizzelles by The Freshman Cook
- Snowball Cookies by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Spiked Eggnog Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Thai-Kissed Cookies by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Tipsy Chocolate Cherry Cookies by Christmas Tree Lane
- Toffee Squares by Ruffles & Truffles
- White Chocolate Dipped Gingersnaps by Sunday Supper