Tender, juicy and delicious.
Shake it up in Italian Seasoned Panko Bread Crumbs, place it in the oven and enjoy time playing a board game, watching a movie or the game, or visiting with each other while dinner is baking.
Serve it with Make Ahead Parmesan Mashed Potatoes and Slow Cooker Roasted Vegetables and you will have nothing but time on your hands.
The recipe I am sharing is for 10-12 people, halve it or double it according to your needs. I grow my own chickens so they come whole. I cut up 2 chickens into 10 pieces each (the breasts are large and get cut in half before baking). You can buy a whole cut up chicken or packages of chicken pieces that your family prefers.
Italian Baked Chicken
2 whole chickens, cut up or 20 pieces of chicken pieces
1 pkg. (8 oz) of Italian Flavored Panko Bread Crumbs
1 stick of butter, melted
Place flavored bread crumbs into a gallon size sealable plastic bag. Add melted butter and shake to coat the crumbs. Add the chicken pieces, a few at a time, and shake to coat. Place breaded pieces onto 2 baking sheets covered with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated 400* oven for 20 minutes, then rearrange the baking pans by changing rack positions and turning the front of the pans towards the back of the oven. Bake for another 20-25 minutes. Print Recipe
Look at all of these Budget Friendly Dishes!
- Bean and Bacon Soup by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mexican Turkey Bean Soup by What Smells So Good?
- Pasta e Fagioli by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Turkey and Dumpling Soup by Palatable Pastime
- Vegan Broccoli Cheese Soup by Pancake Warriors
- Black Bean and Bell Pepper Quesadillas by My San Francisco Kitchen
- Cajun Blackened Chicken Thighs by Feeding Big
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Chicken Enchiladas by The Freshman Cook
- Chicken Piccata by Monica's Table
- Chicken Tetrazzini by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Chimichurri Chicken Thighs by Life Tastes Good
- Dutch Baby Pancakes by Brunch with Joy
- Easy Cheesy Egg Breakfast Bake with Potatoes and Sausage by From Gate to Plate [or breakfast]
- Easy Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Egyptian Rice and Lentils by Wholistic Woman
- French Onion Soup Twice Baked Potato by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Gnocchi with Fennel and Pork by Caroline's Cooking
- Italian Baked Chicken by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lasagna Stuffed Acorn Squash by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- One-Pot Creamy Chicken and Noodles by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Orzo with Leftover Turkey and Sweet Potatoes by Cooking Chat
- Sauteed Vegetables by Party Food and Entertaining
- Turkey Sausage and Pasta by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Twice Baked Sweet Potato Bar by Momma's Meals
- Yakisoba (Japanese Stir Fried Noodles) by Curious Cuisinere
- Apple Pecan Bread Pudding by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Marshmallow Popcorn Balls by Pies and Plots
- Slow Cooker Apple Gingerbread Crumble by The Crumby Cupcake
And more saving suggestions from the Sunday Supper Movement:
- Budget-Friendly Meal Ideas for #SundaySupper