Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Countdown to 2015-Most Popular Recipes of the year



Join in on the Countdown to 2015 to share the best recipes of 2014 from your blog! #recipes #blogfun #2015

Today, Sarah of Fantastical Sharing of Recipes, has challenged us to compile the entire year's most popular recipes.  This was quite the project and I almost didn't join in but my right hand guy sat down with me and gave me a hand compiling all the stats.  I am sure that is exactly how he wanted to spend his evening!  It was difficult as well because my posts often contain content in addition to recipes so I don't know if the visits were for the food or the content.  I finally settled on including the most popular posts that contained recipes.  

The most popular by far was my post "A Double Celebration".  In this post we had a birthday party for Ting featuring 5 recipes and the party finished up with Tony's wedding proposal.  It is a great post and it features some great food.


BBQ Ribs, Roasted Red Skin Potatoes, Baked Beans, Rice Mingle Salad, Fried Chicken.

Coming in second place was my second post for SRC, featuring Cheese and Spring Onion Scones.


In third place was a creation I made for #BundtBakers when the theme given was caramel.  This was the most decadent cake I have ever made.  Introducing my Milky Way Bundt Cake.


Another Birthday Celebration placed 4th.  This one again featuring several different recipes.


Carrot Spice Muffins, French Toast Casserole, Cheezy Potatoes and Buttercream Frosting.

We took a Day Trip to Poland in February that came in 5th place.
This post featured Angel Wings and Lazy Pierogi.


6th place was another #BundtBakers post.  This month's theme was Booze!!
I created a Pumpkin Spice Cake.


Earlier this month, Colleen of The Redhead Baker hosted a Cupcake Day Challenge.
My Gingerbread Cupcakes were the 7th most popular post on my blog this year.


Another Challenge slipped in to make 8th place.
This post for  #10DaysofTailgate, hosted by Camilla of Culinary Adventures with Camilla,
 was my first entry for Day 1 of the Challenge.
  It is chili featuring Bean Mix from Bob's Red Mill who was on of our sponsors.


Coming in at #9 is another Secret Recipe Club selection. 
This Veggie Pizza Appetizer was taken from Turnips2Tangerines who I was assigned in September.
I also featured this recipe on Day 3 of the #10DaysofTailgate Challenge.


And last but not least, placing in the #10 slot is yet another club selection.
This one from #WinePW which was hosted by Jeff of Food, Wine, Click. just a couple of weeks ago.
This post features 2 different appetizers, both of which were lovely and would be perfect for your NYE celebration this evening.





Wishing you all a safe and Happy New Year's Eve.





.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know why when I visit you I always leave hungry! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why these recipes were so popular in 2014. I really love the look of those chive and cheese scones. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the first time I ever made scones and they turned out great. Thanks for stopping by Stephy.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.