Saturday, December 20, 2014

Whew!! Glad this week is finally over...Here's the Weekly Menu

This has been a very crazy week but I got everything accomplished.  Today we will distribute the Christmas Baskets at the Food Pantry.  I will get there at 10 and distribution is from 12-3 and then I am done with the food pantry until next year.

I had the ham bone left from Mom's Birthday Celebration, so tonight for Soup Saturday we are having Split Pea with Ham.

Tomorrow we are singing at Mass in the morning and then we have our  Choir Advent Concert in the afternoon.  There is a reception following and we are each to bring a dessert.  I am bringing my Chocolate Chip Bundt that I made for National Bundt Cake Day and stored in the freezer.  After the concert and reception we will be going out for dinner.

Monday, we are hosting the choir Christmas Party at our house.  It is a potluck dinner.  I am making Turkey and Stuffing.

Try it Tuesday I am making something with whatever is left over from the party so make sure you come back to see what I decide.

Christmas Eve we are spending with Frank's family at his brother's house and then we will sing at Midnight Mass.

Christmas Day we host a large open house at our home.  I will be posting the menu early this week.

On Friday, Chuck has invited people over to celebrate Christmas with him while he is home.  I think we are just ordering a giant sub.  Perhaps I will make some salads if I am not too exhausted from our Christmas celebrations.

I would like to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday to those who celebrate something other than Christmas.  Please stop back during the week for photos and recipes and join up with us at MPM for many more Holiday Menus.


Saturday
Split Pea Soup with Ham

Sunday
Dinner out

Monday
Roast Turkey and Dressing

Try it Tuesday
I will be as surprised as you

Christmas Eve
Dinner at Dan and Rebecca's

Christmas Day
Menu to be posted

Friday
Ordering a Giant Sub for Christmas Gathering

4 comments:

  1. I made a bean soup from our leftover ham/ham bone...and finishing it off tonight. Turkey sounds like a great option before Christmas...I'll have a few extra mouths to feed and turkey sandwiches would be welcome! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Split pea soup was one of Richard's favorites....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pea soup and bean soup but Frank prefers split pea so we have that more often than not when I have a ham bone.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.