I have the honor of hosting our Bread Bakers club this month. I chose October because, to me, that is when Fall truly starts. And with Fall comes apples and pumpkins and caramel and cinnamon and pears and zucchini and cabbage and winter squash and greens and nuts and seeds and.....well you get the idea.
So that is our theme for this month. We all got together and baked up a creation that reminds us of Fall, my favorite time of the year.
One of the things I love most about the Fall is hiking through the woods. Call me crazy but I love the smell of decomposing leaves, the feel of the crisp autumn air and the sound of leaves crunching underfoot. Not to mention the beauty of the changing colors and the chance of finding edible mushrooms.
I like to hike first thing in the morning and then I like to come home to a hearty and healthy breakfast like these delicious pancakes that I am sharing with you today.
These pancakes are chock full of Fall Flavors.
Cornmeal, Pumpkin and Apples make for a perfect, hearty Fall meal.
They turned out fluffy and fragrant with chunks of apple adding brightness and texture.
Pumpkin and Apple Cornmeal Griddle Cakes
3/4 c. flour
3/4 c. cornmeal
2 T. sugar
1/4 t. pumpkin pie spice
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. kosher salt
3 eggs, beaten
1 apple, peeled and diced
3/4 c. pumpkin puree
1 c. milk
1/4 c. butter, melted
Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and whisk until just blended. Drop by 1/3 cup fulls onto a preheated 350* griddle. Cook until edges are dry, bubbles form on the top and bottom is golden brown. Flip and cook until the other side is golden brown. Place in a warm oven or under heat lamps while cooking the remaining batter. Print Recipe
Let's take a look at the other Fall Flavors being shared today
- Apple Crumb Quick Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Apple Raisin Bread from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Browned Butter Semolina Pumpkin Bread from Sizzling Tastebuds
- Buttermilk Wheat Bread from Magnolia Days
- Eggless Apple Sage Cheddar Scones from Spill the Spices
- Fall Harvest Bread from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Fig Focaccia from My Catholic Kitchen
- Harvest Grains Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Mr. Potato Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Multigrain Bread With Seeds from Sneha's Recipe
- Pumpkin and Apple Cornmeal Griddle Cakes from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pumpkin Bread from la cocina de Aisha
- Pumpkin Bread from Sara's Tasty Buds
- Pumpkin Bread Rolls from Spiceroots
- Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Pumpkin Dinner Rolls with Cinnamon Butter from Bread Therapy
- Pumpkin, Poppy & Papaya Seeded Breadsticks from G'Gina's Kitchenette
- Pumpkin Raisin Bagels from Cook's Hideout
- Pumpkin Saffron Yeast Biscuits from The Schizo Chef
- Pumpkin Scones from A Baker's House
- Pumpkin Sourdough Bread from Passion Needed
- Schiacciata Con L'uva (Tuscan Style Grape, Olive and Goat Cheese Focaccia) from Ruchik Randhap
- Sesame Seeded Semolina Bread from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Spicy Pumpkin Yeast Bread from Mayuri’s Jikoni
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This post contains affiliate links. Should you buy a product using this link, your price remains the same but I receive a small stipend to help offset the costs of this blog.