Tuesday, November 22, 2016

What's New???

What's new with you as you go into the holiday season?  There is a lot new here.  I shared the photos of the wood flooring that we had installed with you last week.  This past weekend they finished installing the tile flooring through the kitchen, laundry room and hallway.


The kitchen had been recently remodeled.  I love the cupboards and I didn't mind the floor except that it was wood which I worry about in case there would be dishwasher leak.  The previous owners didn't have that concern as they didn't have a dishwasher.  We added one nearly immediately losing the cupboard next to the stove. You can see this in the two photos on the left of this collage.  I loved many things about this house.  The layout and the open floor plan is amazing.  My one complaint was that it was a dark house.  I felt as if I couldn't get enough light into it.  Frank changed all the lighting to LED's and amped up the wattage but I was constantly turning on every light in the house because it felt dank to me. 

Changing the flooring has made all the difference in the world.  This house had deep wine colored carpet throughout.  The only rooms that were not carpeted in this dark color were the kitchen which had dark flooring and the bathrooms. Removing this carpet from the dining area and hallway has made world of difference.  The new flooring in these areas make the house much more airy and bright.  I am one happy camper.  

The painters were here yesterday and are back today and tomorrow.  The entire house is being painted before Thanksgiving except for our bedroom area which will be painted on Friday.  The carpet installers will be here tomorrow to remove the remaining carpet from the living area and master suite. It is being replaced with a lighter carpet in neutral tones.  I am very excited.


I am also very excited to introduce you to the newest member of the family.  Meet Cocoa.  She is 10 weeks old and is fitting into the pack very well.  Our Bella girl immediately became maternal and took Cocoa under her wing.  The boys want to play all the time, but being boys, they try to let others know they want to play by growling at them.  It took Cocoa a few days to realize that it was a friendly, fun growl.  Now she jumps right into the mix.

Okay, I'm off to go get my food for the Thanksgiving feast.  Stop by tomorrow when I will be sharing another great #CranberryWeek recipe for your Thanksgiving table. 

7 comments:

  1. Cant wait to see the house and to meet Cocoa. :) love ya. Sorry havent be there before now. Either limited on time, or funds. Will see you though next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understand completely. It has been crazy around here too. Love and miss you.

      Delete
  2. The new kitchen floor is really beautiful. It looks like the slat that is in my daughter's tiny kitchen.
    Have a lovely Thanksgiving, Wendy. Give lil Cocoa a snuggle for me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful as well Zip. Cocoa got tons of snuggles from everyone.

      Delete
  3. Cocoa it is absolutely adorable. The house looks awesome as well, Can't wait to see it in person. Have a great Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Renee. Thinking of you on this first holiday season without our moms.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.