Saturday, August 25, 2018

My Birthday Celebration and the Weekly Menu

I am still celebrating my birthday.  I have been celebrating for a week.  I started receiving presents and cards last weekend and they lasted throughout the week culminating with Frank having the kids stop by today for a final celebration.


Don't these people know that I am 60!!!  I am too old for a week of celebrating LOL.......




Seriously, I feel very blessed and very loved.  Birthdays are not my favorite thing.  I often suffer from the birthday blues.  It wasn't too bad this year.  One of the perks of being so busy crazy is that you don't have time to dwell on yourself.

I hear that the 60's are the new 40's.  I'm excited about that.  The 40's were my best decade yet.  I am looking forward to what these next 10 years have in store for me.

Frank is providing dinner tonight for the whole gang.  Not sure what his plans are but I have a whole pile of leftover pulled pork in the freezer from last weekend's dive party.  I am encouraging him to pull that out and put it in the slow cooker to rewarm.

Speaking of BBQ pork.  This was the dinner Marissa made last week using up some of the leftovers.


I will be sharing her easy peasy recipe at the bottom of this post.  It is a great way to repurpose leftovers and only takes minutes to make.


The Angel Face loved them.

Tomorrow afternoon we are going to see Wicked.  I LOVE Wicked.  This will be my fourth time seeing the stage play.  It is my birthday gift from Frank.  We will go out to dinner following the show.

Monday, Frank is doing a CPL Refresher Course at 3 pm.  I have a meeting at church at 4 pm.  Marissa has to be at Cheer practice at 6 pm.  I am making a Pork Ragu in the crock pot for dinner and we will probably eat in shifts.

It is the 5th Wednesday so I will be working the food pantry before dinner.  Thursday is going to be one of those going non stop days so we will probably grab dinner on the run.

So here is the Weekly Menu.  I will be sharing recipes and photos all week long, not only from my menu but from different blogging events that are happening.

Saturday-Birthday Celebration
Pulled Pork Sandwiches?
Assorted Salads
Cake by Amy

Sunday
Out for dinner

Monday
Pappardelle al Ragu Di Cinghiale

Tuesday
Mexican Beer Chili
Cheese Biscuits

Wednesday
Lahano me Kreas

Thursday
Out after Football Game

Fish Friday-Dinner by Marissa
Garlic Shrimp and Green Beans
Steamed Rice




#leftovers, #bbq, #pork, #Mexican, #fusion, #tostadas, #MexicanMonday, #tacotuesday,
Entrees, Snacks, Pork, Mexican, Fusion
Fusion
Yield: 6 servingsPin it

BBQ Pork Tostadas

These tostadas are a delicious, quick and easy way to repurpose leftover BBQ pork.
prep time: 10 minscook time: 10 minstotal time: 20 mins

ingredients:

6 tostada shells, warmed
1 1/2 cups leftover bbq pork or purchased bbq pork
1 (15 oz) can refried beans
2 tomatoes, chopped
3/4 c. shredded Mexican Blend cheese

instructions

Heat the bbq pork in the microwave or on the stove top.

Place the refried beans into a small pan and heat until creamy and warm

Spread 1/6 of the beans onto each tostada shell.  Top with 1/4 cup of the bbq pork.  Sprinkle on some tomatoes and cheese.  
Created using The Recipes Generator




2 comments:

  1. These tostados look delicious!! What did Frank make for dinner? I don't know about the 60's being anything like the 40's (I'm now 67) but I loved my 40's a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved my 40's too. He did reheat the pulled pork and also put some Italian Sausage on the grill.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.