Sunday, October 1, 2017

Sloppy Joe Tacos #SundaySupper

Today is National Taco Day and we are celebrating over at Sunday Supper by sharing all of our favorite and easy taco recipes.

I was a little stumped at first because I have shared so many different taco recipes with you already.  We really like this Taco Casserole, all the goodness of tacos but eaten with a fork.  I often serve up Taco Bars during parties, they are quick, fun and economical.  Of course, Taco Salads are always a hit and this Taco Pie has always been very popular around here.

I had also shared these delicious Shrimp Tacos as well as these Fish Tacos made with Mahi Mahi. I thought I had finally settled on sharing a Tuna Taco but I felt a little guilty because I had promised myself that I was going to try to eat only from the pantry and freezers for the next few weeks as they were overflowing and I was expecting a half a hog and wanted to have room for my canning and preserving.

One of the things that I had taken from the freezer was a container of Sloppy Joes.  They had been left at the end of a party and I must have been tired because I didn't package them into 4 serving size as I normally would have.

Hence, when I pulled out the block of frozen sloppy joes there was enough there for 3 meals for 4 people.  We had already enjoyed them again on kaiser rolls for lunch one day.  I had also used it in a pasta casserole that I will be sharing with you at another time.


I still had enough sloppy joe meat for one more meal when inspiration struck and I remembered this event was coming up.


So, I shredded up some cheese and prepared some lettuce and tomatoes and got to work.  I love being able to repurpose leftovers so I did a little happy dance.


I had both soft corn and flour tortillas in the freezer.  I decided to use the flour tortillas for these tacos and to grill them so that the cheese would get melty and gooey and good.



A couple of minutes on each side on a hot grill pan and these delicious tacos were ready to be served.


I served these up for dinner on Taco Tuesday, also sometimes called Try it Tuesday or Toddler Tuesday around this household.  This dinner met all three of  those categories.  As you can see, our toddler LOVED them.  She said they were "tasty" LOL....I guess they could be for Tasty Tuesday as well.


As for Grammy and Grampy?  Well, we piled ours high with lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream.  We thought they were pretty tasty too.  Paired with the last ears  of  sweet corn of the season, they made a quick, delicious and easy meal to celebrate National Taco Day.


Are you as anxious as I to see all the other Taco recipes being shared today?  You will find links to them all following this recipe.

Sloppy Joe Tacos

1 lb. Sloppy Joe meat mixture (find my recipe here)
8 taco size flour tortillas
6 oz. pasteurized american cheese, shredded
Romain lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream to taste

Divide the sloppy joe mixture and cheese into 8 equal servings.  Place each serving onto the center of a tortilla and fold in half.  Place each taco onto a hot grill pan and cook until grill marks are visible and cheese is melted.  Serve with sliced romaine lettuce, chopped tomatoes and a dollop of sour cream, if desired.  Print Recipe

Easy Taco Recipes #SundaySupper

Breakfast, Dessert, and Alternative Tacos

Lunch and Dinner Tacos

Sunday Supper MovementJoin the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.

8 comments:

  1. So yummy filled with homemade sloppy joe meat! It looks like someone enjoyed them A LOT!! I would, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sloppy joe tacos should good. We will be celebrating on Wednesday with a Taco day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of your sloppy joe tacos! They look so yummy! Sloppy Joes have always been a favorite if mine!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.