Friday, October 6, 2017

A Fun Filled Family Weekend and The Weekly Menu

Wasn't Pumpkin Week fun?  I hope you enjoyed it.  I know I did and I have a plethora of great pumpkin recipes to last me until well after Thanksgiving.


I shared two savory and three sweet recipes.  I started with Pumpkin Donuts on Monday.  Tuesday we enjoyed a tremendously delicious Pumpkin Lasagna.  Wednesday and Thursday were both sweet days with a Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake and some tasty Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.  I finished up with a Pumpkin and Fish Stew perfect for Fish Friday.

We have a break before we are celebrating Chocotoberfest but I have a week's worth of great, decadent recipes to share beginning October 15th.

But this week?  This week there are no week long cooking events but there is still a lot of fun going on.  For one thing, I am going to take part in a photo a day challenge on instagram.  Please stop by and see what photos I shoot each day. This event runs for 20 days starting October 9th.

Tonight, we are meeting Amy, Doug, Jen and Lili for dinner at an Italian Restaurant.  Another perk of having Lil attend University closer to us is that my TC family will be coming down more often to visit.

Tomorrow, on the blog, I will be sharing a great recipe taken from a Community Cookbook but we won't be eating our meals at home.  Frank is covering the dive shop for our friend's, the Wrona's, while they finish up the last of their open water certifications for their students.  I am going to Eastern Market with Amy, Jen and Lil.  We are singing at Mass in the afternoon followed by dinner at our sister in law, Rebecca's, home.

Sunday we will be working at the Harvest Dinner, held on the second Sunday of October each year at our church. 

Wednesday we are meeting John and Kirsten over at our friend's, Sr. Maryann's, for pizza and are then helping her to prepare for guests on Saturday as she hosts a thank you reception for those who helped celebrate her 60th Jubilee.

Other than that it will be a typical week around here.  I will be posting a recipe each day for different events, baking each day in preparation of Choctoberfest and cooking each day so we can eat.

So this is what will be served up here on the Farm this week. What's on your menu?

Saturday
Dinner at Rebecca's

Sunday
Harvest Dinner at Church

#MadeinFrance Monday 
French Braised Venison
Mashed Potatoes
Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Sage Butter
French Baguettte

Toddler Tuesday
Macaroni and Cheese
Carrot and Celery Sticks with Ranch 

Wednesday
Pizza at Sr. Maryann's

Thursday
Leftovers before choir

Fish Friday
Crab Ravioli (moved from tonight)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.