This delicious, classic cocktail has a twist: crisp apple cider added to the mix, creating an Apple Cider Old Fashioned. Cheers!!
O is for Old Fashioned.......
My blogging friends and I get together every other Wednesday to share recipes that start or feature ingredients as we work our way through the alphabet. Let's take a look at the other O recipes being shared today........
- A Day in the Life on the Farm: Apple Cider Old Fashioned
- Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice: BBQ Deviled Eggs with Crispy Fried Onions
- Messy Kitchen: Gumbo-laya Stew
- Sneha's Recipe: Okra / Bhendi Sabzi
- Food Lust People Love: Marinated Apéro Olives
- Culinary Cam: Olive Oil-Cured Chevre-Filled Cigarillos
- Sizzling Tastebuds: Onion and Olive Oil Focaccia with Sea Salt
- Magical Ingredients: Onion Swirls
- Jolene’s Recipe Journal: Orange Blueberry Waffles
- Mayuri’s Jikoni: Pumpkin Olan
- 2 oz. apple cider
- dash of Angostura bitters
- 1/2 t. brown sugar
- 2 ounces of bourbon
- Orange slice for garnish, if desired
- Place the apple cider, brown sugar, and bitters into a cocktail glass. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Fill the glass with ice. Add the whiskey and stir.
- Garnish, if desired, and serve.
Last year for the Letter O, I shared Overnight Oats. In 2024, I shared Orange Chili Pulled Pork.
D is for Ricotta Gnocchi
E is for Souper Easy Quiche
F is for Fondue
G is for Ham, Gruyere, and Spinach Packets
H is for Haluski
I is for Nutella Ice Cream
J is for Cowboy Candy
L is for Grilled Greek Pork Chops
M is for Melon and Prosciutto Salad
N is for Chicken Caprese Noodle Salad
Yield: 1 cocktail

Apple Cider Old Fashioned
This delicious, classic cocktail has a twist: crisp apple cider added to the mix, creating an Apple Cider Old Fashioned. Cheers!!
Prep time: 3 MinTotal time: 3 Min
Ingredients
Instructions
Nutrition Facts
Calories
210Fat (grams)
0 gSat. Fat (grams)
0 gCarbs (grams)
19 gFiber (grams)
2 gNet carbs
17 gSugar (grams)
16 gProtein (grams)
1 gSodium (milligrams)
3 mgCholesterol (grams)
0 mgProperty of A Day in the Life on the Farm



I love this twist! Perfect drink for Autumn, Wendy!
ReplyDeleteIt's been in my archives since last fall. Worked out perfectly for O as I am camping with the grands and didn't have time to make anything new.
DeleteI see many more cocktails in my future as both boys are home while job-hunting. And D has turned into quite the mixologist. I will share this with him. Hint, hint!
ReplyDeleteIt is nice to have a mixoligist in the house.
DeleteWe still have one jug of cider in the freezer from my folks' last pressing! Definitely need to try this out.
ReplyDeleteI am so jealous that you have cider still from your parents. How wonderful.
DeleteMy grandmother’s favorite cocktail was an old fashioned. Love this twist! You know I need to try one. I bet some Apple Jack would be yummy. Time to experiment for “science “ lol.
ReplyDeleteApple Jack would be a great addition, Karen.
DeleteDuring my recent cruise, acquired a liking for old fashioned. A lovely fruity twist. Can't wait to try it out.
ReplyDeleteCheers, Mayuri.
DeleteThis sounds so perfect with the fruity flavor.
ReplyDeleteVery tasty, Radha.
DeleteLoving both the fruity and bitter flavour profile in this drink. Perfect for autumn too, I reckon ,Wendy!
ReplyDeleteYes, a very nice autumn drink when apple cider is widely available.
DeleteWendy, this is definitely my favorite "O" recipe! I immediately sent it to one of my old-fashion-loving friends and we may be having this Friday for happy hour! Can't wait to try it!!!
ReplyDeleteCheers, Colleen.
Delete