Friday, December 14, 2018

A Slew of Celebrations and the Weekly Menu

The Christmas Season is in full swing now in our household.  We have places to go, things to do and parties to throw from now until we leave for Arizona on December 29th.


Here is a video of our Santa breakfast last Sunday.  It is always a joyful time and my favorite party of the season.


Tomorrow night we are going to Frank's sisters house for her Annual Christmas party.  It is always a good time. 

The day will be spent getting ready for Marissa's Baptism on Sunday. She is very excited about being baptized into the Catholic church and we are thrilled as well.  It is a joyful happy event and deserves a huge celebration so following the ceremony at church we will be having a party here at the house.  Marissa requested Chicken Enchiladas (her favorite) so I am making a Mexican Buffet for the party.

Wednesday we are distributing the Christmas Baskets for the Food Pantry.  We will pick up pizza afterwards.

On Thursday night we are hosting our Choir Party.  It is a pot luck.  Frank supplies all cocktails and soft drinks.  I am making Chicken Marsala.

Friday afternoon we are meeting with Frank's brother and his wife for lunch before finishing up any last minute shopping.

I am sharing our Weekly Menu.  Next week I will be sharing our Christmas Menu as we host an open house each year.

Saturday
Out for dinner after play

Sunday-Marissa's Baptism
Guacamole
Salsa
Nacho Cheese
Chicken Enchiladas
Taco Salad
Taco and Nacho Bar
Mexican Rice
Refried Beans
Baptism Cake

Monday
Shrimp and Brown Rice Pilaf

Tuesday
Leftovers

Wednesday
Pizza

Thursday-Choir Party Pot Luck
Chicken Marsala

Friday
Meatloaf
Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful celebration! It would be great to be part of your family, I love the celebrations, the support and love you share. Especially the food!

    Oh, I love chicken enchiladas very much :-)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.