Saturday, September 2, 2023

Italian Marinated Steaks with Angoris Schioppettino #ItalianFWT

I opened a bottle of Angoris Schioppettino Friuli Colli Orentali for this month's Italian Food Wine and Travel Club. 

Wine

The Friuli Colli Orientali designation means that this wine is from the Eastern Hills of Friuli.  This wine is 100% Schippettino, a red Italian wine grape grown predominantly in the Friuli-Venezia Giulia region of the country.

Cindy of Grape Experiences asked us to join her in exploring this region or the Trentino-Alto Adige region.  I found this bottle from Friuli while dining at an Italian Restaurant that imports all of its wines from Italy and sells them both retail and served in their store.  

steak and wine

I served it with some steaks that I had marinated in Italian seasonings before grilling.  The wine is medium-bodied and has hints of black pepper that mingled nicely with the steak.  This wine is nice and dry and better paired with food than on its own.  It doesn't require dinner, however.  It would be equally as nice with some cheese or antipasti.  

Cindy is hosting a Twitter/X chat at 11 AM ET this morning.  I am unable to join but you are welcome to stop by and chat with the others.  You will find them by searching #ItalianFWT.  Here are some of the topics they will be discussing.....









6 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely! This is a great time of year to be drinking these lighter reds from northern Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoy Schioppetino! This is a region of Italy that I have yet to visit, but it's on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first experience with Schippetino and I did enjoy it Robin.

      Delete
  3. Great that you enjoyed a Schioppettino. One of my favorite red wines from Friuli...sounds like a nice pairing too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice pairing and I'm happy I got to try this wine. I will be enjoying it again.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.