I love fresh figs. Maybe they are special to me because they are only available for a few weeks each year, and I live in Michigan, where we don't grow figs. True, I enjoy fig jam, fig newtons, and dried figs year-round, but I'm always excited when I find fresh ones at the market and eagerly pay a small fortune to bring home a case.
- Caramelized Onion Savory Scones by The Spiffy Cookie
- Sweet Potato and Ham Quiche with Dill & Nutmeg by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Apple Streusel Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spiced Pear Vanilla Quick Bread by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Apple Cider Donut Cake by Hezzi-D's Recipe Box
- Maple Pumpkin Creme Brulee by Art of Natural Living
- Apple Cheddar Rosemary Bread by Blogghetti
- Apple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oats by Magical Ingredients
- Fig Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple Cider Snickerdoodles by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Miso Glazed Kabocha Squash by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures

Fig Salad
Sharp, spicy arugula; sweet, tender figs; creamy, tangy feta cheese; and honey-roasted almonds drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette.
Ingredients
- 4 cups baby arugula, washed and dried
- 6-8 fresh figs, quartered
- 1/2 c. honey-roasted sliced almonds
- 1/2 c. crumbled blue cheese
- 3 T. olive oil
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar
- 1 t. honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions
- Place the arugula on a large platter.
- Arrange the figs on top of the arugula, scatter the almonds over the top, and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over the salad and serve.
Nutrition Facts
Calories
291Fat (grams)
21 gSat. Fat (grams)
4 gCarbs (grams)
24 gFiber (grams)
4 gNet carbs
19 gSugar (grams)
18 gProtein (grams)
6 gSodium (milligrams)
271 mgCholesterol (grams)
17 mg



Looks delicious !
ReplyDeleteThanks, Cathy.
DeleteAbove from Cathy Almeter
ReplyDeleteMy idea of the perfect salad. Add a little bit of roasted chicken, and dinner is served!!! I can never get enough fresh fig recipes!!!
ReplyDeleteYou and I both, Colleen.
DeleteI love fresh figs and this salad looks perfect for fall.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Heather.
DeleteI love figs and this is a great way to add even more to my life! Just wish we could grow them in Wisconsin (I do have a couple in pots now--maybe fruit next year???)
ReplyDeleteLet me know if it works Inger. I'm in Michigan.
DeleteHow fun to find fresh figs when they are rare. Kind of like rhubarb here! We are fortunate that everyone has a fig tree here and I get to enjoy theirs. Love the salad.
ReplyDeleteI know, another reason to be jealous of you.
DeleteFresh figs with arugula, blue cheese, and honey-roasted almonds sounds like such a perfect combination of sweet, salty, and tangy flavors. I especially like how quick this salad is to put together, making it a great way to enjoy fresh figs while they are in season. The Fall Flavors roundup also has so many tempting recipes to try. OnlySpins could be a fun little option for some downtime after cooking.
ReplyDelete