We have been having a great summer with lots of outdoor cooking both at home and while traveling in the RV. These easy, delicious potatoes are perfect whether made on a gas grill, over a campfire, or on a charcoal fire. They are the perfect side for whatever else is being cooked up, and the leftovers make great fried potatoes in the morning.
- Appe Batata Vada by Sneha's Recipe
- Baked Herby Potato Wedges by Sizzling Tastebuds
- Baked Potato Soup by Sid's Sea Palm Cooking
- Budget-Friendly Potato Soup with Fresh Dill by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Campfire Potatoes by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Copycat Baked Arby's Curly Fries by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes Without Butter or Cream - Yes! by Culinary Cam
- Jacket Potatoes by Mayuri's Jikoni
- Marmite Roast New Potatoes with Sausage and Butter Beans by Food Lust People Love
- Three-Color Potato Salad with Vegetables by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Warm Potato Salad by A Messy Kitchen

Campfire Potatoes
The next time you are camping or cooking outdoors and get a hankering for some potatoes, try this easy, peasy recipe. The potatoes are tender and delicious. The perfect accompaniment to whatever else you are cooking up.
Ingredients
- 2 lbs baby red potatoes
- 1/2 onion, chopped (I used red)
- 1/4 c. chicken or vegetable broth
- salt, pepper, sesonings of choice, to taste
Instructions
- Lay two large sheets of aluminum foil on top of each other.
- Place the potatoes and onions in the center of the foil. Drizzle with broth. Season as desired.
- Fold and seal the aluminum foil into a package, place it over a campfire or grill, and cook until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 20-30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts
Calories
106Fat (grams)
2 gSat. Fat (grams)
0 gCarbs (grams)
20 gFiber (grams)
3 gNet carbs
18 gSugar (grams)
1 gProtein (grams)
2 gSodium (milligrams)
7 mgCholesterol (grams)
0 mg






I love campfire potatoes. I used to make them a lot when we camped. Heck, I've even cooked them in the coals of the campfire. A slightly different way to cook them, but oh so delicious.
ReplyDeleteYes, they are.
DeleteOooh, I love the addition of the onion, Wendy! I'd be sure to make extra just for the leftovers the next morning.
ReplyDeleteI love foil packet meals, so nostalgic from when we were first married, and from camping with the folks. Potatoes and onions are best buds. This is great!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kelly.
DeletePerfect dish for camping!
ReplyDeleteYes, for any meal.
DeleteIt's been ages since I baked potatoes in foil over charcoal. We did this often when I was growing up. Back then we hardly used foil but my mum had a tin pan in which we would put the potatoes, cover with a lid and allow them to cook over the charcoal fire.
ReplyDeleteGlad I coulid conjour up some happy food memories, Mayuri.
DeleteMy Mom would always make potatoes on the grill in foil...and they were always so good...when she didn't burn them. Mom did manage to burn a lot of things...but these look like perfection!
ReplyDeleteA little char never hurts anyone but I find adding the broth helps prevent it.
Delete