Ok, you caught me.....I lied. This Ice Cream is supposed to be only 2 ingredients, but I had to add a little milk to get the consistency I wanted. So I guess this is actually 3-ingredient ice cream, unless your bananas are a little riper and creamier than mine.
- Mint Oreo Ice Cream by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- 2 Ingredient Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pink Pineapple Sherbet by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- No Churn Caramel Brownie Ice Cream by Hezzi-D's Recipe Box
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream by Art of Natural Living
- Easy Ninja Creami Coffee Mocha Frozen Yogurt by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Mom's Famous Ice Cream Mississippi Mud Pie by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
I almost felt as if I were cheating when I made this ice cream. The only work involved is cutting up your overripe bananas into slices and freezing them for a couple of hours. Once they are frozen, you simply put them into a heavy-duty blender (I used my Vitamix) and puree until smooth. I needed to add about a Tablespoon of milk to get the consistency I desired. Add some peanut butter, pulse to incorporate, and voila.....Ice Cream!!!
You can serve it immediately in its soft, fluffy form, or place it in a container, as I did, and freeze it for a scoopable consistency.

Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
Creamy and delicious, made with only bananas and peanut butter, and perhaps a little milk if needed for consistency.
Ingredients
- 2 large overripe bananas
- 1 T. peanut butter
Instructions
- Cut the banana into 1/2"slices and place onto a baking sheet. Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- Place the frozen banana slices into a heavy-duty blender or food processor. Puree until smooth, scraping the sides as needed, and adding a little milk, if necessary.
- Add the peanut butter and puree until incorporated. Serve immediately as soft serve or place into a freezer-safe container and freeze before serving.
Notes
Adapted from a recipe found at 2 Peas and their Pod
Nutrition Facts
Calories
169Fat (grams)
5 gSat. Fat (grams)
1 gCarbs (grams)
33 gFiber (grams)
4 gNet carbs
29 gSugar (grams)
17 gProtein (grams)
3 gSodium (milligrams)
36 mgCholesterol (grams)
0 mg






Ice cream for breakfast! Yes! This sounds so easy and delicious! I'll forgive you for the third ingedient, lol!
ReplyDeleteThanks, the bonus is that the added milk makes it more like an ice "cream".
DeleteI can't believe I've never done this! I've got some dark chocolate peanut butter that I bet would be amazing.
ReplyDeleteDark Chocolate Peanut Butter?!! Be still my heart! That would be scrumptious in this ice cream.
DeleteWhat an easy and healthier way to make ice cream!
ReplyDeleteAnd good too!!
DeleteIce cream for breakfast? Count me in! Maybe even with a little bit of preserves or chocolate sauce drizzled over the top???
ReplyDeleteOH YEAH!!!
DeleteI don't think you'd even need to count this as dessert! I have a frozen banana in my freezer, so I think this is on tomorrow's menu!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy, Inger.
Delete