Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Big Night Roundup #MoviesandMunchies


This month I invited our Movies and Munchie group to join me in watching Big Night.  I wanted to watch this after reading Taste, a memoir by Stanley Tucci.

Big Night
You can read my invitation post and while it is too late to join us this month you are welcome to join in next month as we watch and cook from Letters to Juliet, hosted by Cam of Culinary Adventures with Camilla.  

Anyone can join in the fun.  Simply watch the movie and make a dish inspired by it.  Then post it on your blog or instagram account and let Camilla know so that she can include you in the roundup.

That is where we are right now.  I am posting the roundup of the recipes made by members of the group who joined in watching Big Night with me.

Risotto

I had watched the movie prior to hosting so included my recipe for Sparkling Risotto in my invitation to the others.  Risotto played a starring role in the movie and, while I didn't make the tri color risotto as I first intended, I was very pleased with this risotto made with sparkling wine.

Lasagna Bolognese

Amy of Amy's Cooking Adventures joined in the fun and served up a Lasagna Bolognese saying:
At one point, lasagna bolognese was mentioned and I knew that was my recipe. Bolognese sauces come from a different part of Italy and have many similarities but distinct differences as well.  
That lasagna is calling to me.  As soon as the weather cools down a bit it is going on the weekly menu.

Movies and Munchies collage

Terri of Our Good Life cooked up a scrumptious sounding Zuppa Tuscano to share with us.  Terri was attracted to the Timpano served up during the Big Night and also by the omelet served up and shared after the Big Night.  However, in the end she decided to share this soup.  

But for now, in the middle of summer, we made a delicious soup with fresh kale from the Farmers Market. It's easy and delicious and tastes like you have slaved over the stove for hours!  
Timpano

Cam of Culinary Adventures with Camilla, astounded us all by making the Timpano that the rest of us only thought about making!!!  It looks absolutely amazing and I'm sure it was a lot of work.  However, just as it didn't help ensure success during the Big Night, it also didn't ensure success for Cam.

This starts with a batch of Homemade, Handrolled Garganelli. Then another batch of pasta dough is wrapped around the pasta, sauce, meatballs, cheese, and hard-boiled eggs. It's all baked until it sounds hollow when tapped. Truth be told: after all this effort, my boys' declared that it was a waste of good homemade garganelli.


Debra of Eliot's Eats shared this scene from the movie on her post for this event.  She had previously watched and reviewed this film with our now defunct FoodnFlix back in 2012.  She loved it as you can see in her review from that date.  

Risotto

She rewatched the film again for our Movies and Munchies that replaced FoodnFlix and shared a Tomato Herb Risotto that she aptly named Big Night Risotto saying: 
I’m making risotto again.

 

I couldn’t help myself.

And that's a wrap for this month's Movies and Munchies.  Hope to see you next month for Letters to Juliet.


3 comments:

  1. I cannot believe Cam made Timpano. Everything looks delicious though. Glad I got mine posted up. This was a great movie to revisit, Wendy. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great pick. This is one of my all time favorite movies and I am excited to see what everyone was inspired to make.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.