Saturday, June 18, 2022

Leftover Steak Teriyaki Soup and the Weekly Menu #SoupSaturdaySwappers

 It's grilling season.  For many that means steaks but what to do with the leftovers?  You can serve 4 for lunch the next day with any leftover steak by making this quick and easy Teriyaki Soup. 

Leftover Steak Teriyaki Soup

The Soup Saturday Swappers are starting with Leftovers today........
I am hosting this month and asked the others to join me.  I chose this theme because I splurged on some New York Strip Steaks that I grilled with an Herb Compound Butter.  I made one for each of us but they were so large that Frank and I ended up sharing one.

Steaks are way to precious to waste so the next day I decided to use that last steak for lunch.  I thought about turning it into Steak and Pasta or using it in a Steak and Egg Skillet.  I often turn leftover steak into Fajitas or Tacos.  Then I remembered this Easy Beef Pho that I made using leftovers and my stomach growled.

I decided to make a broth flavored with teriyaki sauce and other Asian flavors.  I added some carrots for color and some leftover brown rice for substance.  It was so good that I knew I wanted to share it on my blog so I decided to host today's Soup Saturday Swappers and asked the others to join me.

With food prices today we all need to make the most of our leftovers.  Let's see what everyone cooked up.........


Leftover Steak Teriyaki Soup

Soup Saturday Swappers is a fun group that gets together on the third Saturday of each month to share recipes based on an ingredient or theme chosen by one of the members.  We are always happy to welcome new members.  If you are a food blogger and would like to join in the fun, just comment below with a link to your blog and an email address so I can send you an invitation.

This afternoon we are celebrating my great niece's high school graduation.  I made up 3 chafing pans of lasagna as my part of the food contribution.  

Tomorrow we will be having family pool day/BBQ to celebrate Frank and on Tuesday we will be going to John's for a fish fry in honor of Kirsten's birthday.  This is our second celebration without having her with us.  It is hard....I'm bringing Kirsten's signature Eclair Cake and some appetizers.

The rest of the week is going to be spent getting ready for a garage sale that we and the neighbors are having over the weekend.  NOT looking forward to that but Frank is excited LOL....

What's on your schedule and menu this week?

Saturday-Graduation Party
Providing Lasagna and Milk Cookies

Sunday-Father's Day
BBQ Pork Chops
Sweet and Spicy Grilled Broccoli
Greek Orange Phyllo Cake

Monday
BBQ Pork Sandwiches, using leftovers

Tuesday
Southwestern Chicken Salad

Wednesday-Kirsten's Birthday
Providing Eclair Cake
Providing Libyan Cheese Dip and Pitas

Thursday
Tagliata 
Tricolore Risotto

Friday
Hamburgers on the grill with neighbors after garage sale






Soup, Leftovers, Beef, Steak, Asian, Teriyaki
Soup
Asian
Yield: 4 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Leftover Steak Teriyaki Soup

Leftover Steak Teriyaki Soup

It's grilling season. For many that means steaks but what to do with the leftovers? You can serve 4 for lunch the next day with any leftover steak by making this quick and easy Teriyaki Soup.
Prep time: 5 MinCook time: 10 MinTotal time: 15 Min

Ingredients

  • 1 leftover New York Strip Steak, thinly sliced
  • 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
  • 1 t. olive oil
  • 2 c. beef broth
  • 1 c. water
  • 1/4 c. apple juice
  • 1 large carrot, shredded
  • 1/3 c. cooked brown rice
  • 1 T. teriyaki sauce
  • 1/2 T. ginger paste
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • pinch of crushed red pepper
  • 8 oz. bean sprouts
  • Chow Mein Noodles for garnish, if desired

Instructions

  1. Heat the olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic. Cook for a minute before adding the broth, water, apple juice, teriyaki, ginger and crushed red pepper.
  2. Stir in the carrots, bean sprouts and rice and cook for a minute or two, until carrots and sprouts are tender. Stir in the steak and cook just until warmed through.
  3. Divide between 4 bowls and garnish with chow mein noodles, if desired.

Notes

Adapted from a recipe found at Eating Well.

Nutrition Facts

Calories

256.69

Fat (grams)

10.46

Sat. Fat (grams)

3.77

Carbs (grams)

22.73

Fiber (grams)

2.83

Net carbs

19.89

Sugar (grams)

6.07

Protein (grams)

17.82

Sodium (milligrams)

757.24

Cholesterol (grams)

45.2

Calories are for the full recipe and will vary according to amount added to dishes and food.


3 comments:

  1. Leftover steak? What's that? Just kidding. I usually have leftover flank steak and it would be perfect in this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use leftover steak and make a teriyaki soup.. prefect meal1

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.