Thursday, April 14, 2022

Lemon Cream Pie #ImprovCookingChallenge

Bright, Fluffy and Delicious this Lemon Cream Pie just screams SPRING and you only need 5 ingredients and 15 minutes to have this ready and waiting in your refrigerator to enjoy after dinner.

Lemon Cream Pie

It's time for the Improv Cooking Challenge......

Improv Cooking Challenge

Juli of Pandemonium Noshery is hosting this month.  Our ingredients are Pastry and Fruit.  The possibilities are endless......

 Improv Cooking Challenge

Pastry & Fruit




Lemon Cream Pie

I know that citrus is really more of a winter fruit however it is readily available when Spring starts teasing us with sunshine and warmer temps and, for some reason, I get a hankering for lemon everything during this time of year.

I think it is the bright acidity that reminds me of sunshine and longer days.  Whatever it is, I know that I'm not alone in feeling that lemons and Spring go hand in hand.

Lemon Meringue pie is one of my very favorites but I have never made one for myself.  I guess that is because when I want to make a lemon pie I remember this one from my childhood.  My Mum used to make a lot of pies, especially in the fall when our fruit trees were going crazy but come spring Mum would pull out the condensed milk from the cupboard and I would be excited because I knew that this pie was on the menu.

Lemon Cream Pie

I think that the original recipe may have come from Borden's.  Or perhaps not.  I only think that because that was the brand of sweetened condensed milk my Mum bought.  I make my own whipped cream for this pie.  My Mum used Cool Whip.  Maybe that's where the original recipe was from?  I'm not sure but I am sure that if you try this pie you will love it.  

I used a prebaked pastry crust this time to be in line with the event requirements but you can use a premade graham cracker crust and make this even simpler than it already is.







Dessert, Pie, Lemon, Cream,
Dessert
American
Yield: 8 servings
Author: A Day in the Life on the Farm
Lemon Cream Pie

Lemon Cream Pie

Bright, Fluffy and Delicious this Lemon Cream Pie just screams SPRING and you only need 5 ingredients and 15 minutes to have this ready and waiting in your refrigerator to enjoy after dinner.
Prep time: 10 MinTotal time: 10 Min

Ingredients

  • 1 prebaked pastry shell
  • 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
  • juice from 2 large lemons
  • 1/2 T. lemon zest
  • 2 c. heavy cream

Instructions

  1. Stir together the condensed milk, lemon juice and lemon zest. Set aside.
  2. In large bowl of stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the cream until stiff.
  3. Turn speed to low and gradually fold in the lemon mixture, just until blended.
  4. Spoon into the crust and refrigerate for a few hours, until ready to serve.

Nutrition Facts

Calories

395.4

Fat (grams)

28.05

Sat. Fat (grams)

16.98

Carbs (grams)

31.85

Fiber (grams)

0.15

Net carbs

31.69

Sugar (grams)

28.92

Protein (grams)

6.07

Sodium (milligrams)

93.66

Cholesterol (grams)

84.06

5 comments:

  1. I love this pie and my hubby would want more of it..yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love lemon anything, the pie looks beyond delicious ! Yum - thanks for sharing such great recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds YUM! Love it and bookmarking to try this soon! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.