Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Wine Wednesday with L'Ecole #Merlotme

I love October. I love when the weather starts to cool and the colors start to change.  I love pulling out the jeans and hoodies and going from gathering around the pool to gathering around the bonfire.  I love that we have lots of birthday celebrations and Halloween to enjoy.  And I love #MerlotMe and the fact that I get to represent L'Ecole Winery with not just one but two posts this month.

Wine

As an ambassador for L'Ecole wines I was sent not one, but two, Merlot wines with which to celebrate #MerlotMe.  In return for these wines I agreed to post my tasting and pairing notes during the month of October.  All opinions are strictly my own and I receive no monetary compensation for these writings.
Today I am going to talk about the Merlot from Columbia Valley.  I paired a Merlot from Walla Walla Valley earlier in the month with a Molassses Roasted Pork Tenderloin.  You are going to want to stop by the link and get this easy peasy but delicious recipe and read about that pairing because it was so good that I decided to pair this second bottle with pork as well.

Pork Roast

We eat a lot of pork in our household.  We used to raise hogs here on the farm but haven't since we downsized to a smaller plot of land.  Now we stick to our laying hens and a small garden and fruit orchard.  We get our pork from our friends the Ruemenapps who we know raise their animals with the same mindset as us.

dinner plate with wine

This boneless pork loin roast was rubbed with olive oils and fresh herbs before roasting.  I served it up for my daughter Amy's birthday dinner along with roasted root vegetables and paired with this lovely bottle of wine.

I will be sharing the recipe for this pork loin roast but before I do, I want to talk about this bottle of 2018 Merlot from L'Ecole's Columbia Valley.  This wine is very fruity and complex.  It is full bodied and has a hint of coffee and smoke.  

It is available to order on line from L'Ecole for $25 but less if you are a club member.  I find Merlot to be a very food friendly wine and this bottle from L'Ecole is no exception.  However, it is equally as nice just to sip by itself in front of a bonfire with friends or perhaps curled up near the fireplace with a good book.  

I hope that October has treated you well and that life is good for you as we rush headlong into the fast approaching Holiday Season.  I'm thinking that stocking up on some wines from L'Ecole before life gets too crazy is a great idea.  Cheers!!



entrees, roasting, pork, easy, herbs
Entrees, Pork
American
Yield: 12 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Roast Pork Loin with Fresh Herbs

Roast Pork Loin with Fresh Herbs

Boneless Pork Loin Roast rubbed with olive oil, sage and lavender before being roasted to perfection.
Prep time: 5 MinCook time: 1 H & 15 MInactive time: 15 HourTotal time: 16 H & 20 M

Ingredients

  • 5 lbs. Boneless Pork Loin Roast
  • 2 T. olive oil
  • Salt and Pepper, to taste
  • 1 bunch sage, coarsely chopped
  • 2 T. lavender
  • 1 onion, peeled and quartered

Instructions

  1. Combine the olive oil, salt, pepper, sage and lavender.  Rub it all over the pork loin and place the loin onto a rack in a roaster. Scatter the onions into the roaster and place in a preheated 350* oven for about 75 minutes, or until an internal temperatature of 145* is reached.  
  2. Remove roast to a cutting board and tent with foil.  Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.

Notes:

Adapted from a recipe found in At Home with Friends

Nutrition Facts

Calories

384.11

Fat (grams)

18.93

Sat. Fat (grams)

5.68

Carbs (grams)

0.30

Fiber (grams)

0.06

Net carbs

0.24

Sugar (grams)

0.12

Protein (grams)

50.03

Sodium (milligrams)

111.69

Cholesterol (grams)

151.20

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.