Friday, May 10, 2019

Aioan Chua Noeung Phset Kretni #EattheWorld

Enjoy the flavors of Cambodia with this Stir Fried Chicken with Mushrooms.


Join us as we Eat the World........


Evelyne of CulturEatz invites us each month to travel the globe gastronomically and create a dish from different parts of the world.  This month we are visiting Cambodia.


I was not familiar with Cambodian Foods at all prior to this event.  I don't think I have ever knowingly eaten Cambodian food before but we do love Asian food in this household so I was excited to experiment.



I found this recipe at a website called Asian Recipe.  It called for dried Chinese Mushrooms.  I was happy because I had this big ol' sack of mushrooms from a past recipe.  When you only need 5 or 6 at a time this sack lasts for years LOL.


It has you cut the chicken into "small pieces".  I just cut mine as I normally would but then cut the breasts in half.  I saved the back and wings for broth.


It's an easy peasy recipe as most Asian recipes are. It is also very delicious.  I seasoned the chicken with salt and pepper even though it was not part of the recipe.  That and the cutting of the chicken were really the only adaptations I made.


I served this up with Steamed Rice to which I added some frozen peas during the last 5 minutes in the steamer.  It was a perfect, quick, easy, delicious weeknight meal.

Check out all the wonderful Cambodian dishes prepared by fellow Eat the World members and share with #eattheworld. Click here to find out how to join and have fun exploring a country a month in the kitchen with us!





#asian, #chicken, #stirfry, #mushrooms,
Entrees, Chicken
Cambodian
Yield: 4 servings
Author:

Aioan Chua Noeung Phset Kretni (Cambodian Chicken with Mushrooms)

prep time: 30 Mcook time: 30 Mtotal time: 60 M
Enjoy the flavors of Cambodia with this Stir Fried Chicken with Mushrooms.

ingredients:

  • 1 (approx. 3 lb) chicken, cut into pieces, breasts halved, back and wings saved for another purpose
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 6 dried Chinese Mushrooms (Black Fungus)
  • 1 T. minced garlic
  • 1 t. ginger paste
  • 2 T. peanut oil
  • 1 c. water
  • 2 t. sugar

instructions:

How to cook Aioan Chua Noeung Phset Kretni (Cambodian Chicken with Mushrooms)

  1. Cover the mushrooms with hot water and let sit for 1/2 an hour.  Drain and chop into pieces.
  2. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.  Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat.  Add the garlic and ginger, stir and immediately add the chicken pieces, skin side down.  Cook until browned about 7 minutes.  Flip the pieces and cook for about 5 minutes on the other side.  
  3. Stir the sugar into the water and add to the pan.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165*.

NOTES:

Recipe adapted from Asian Recipes.
Calories
265.22
Fat (grams)
20.89
Sat. Fat (grams)
6.07
Carbs (grams)
9.61
Fiber (grams)
0.71
Net carbs
8.90
Sugar (grams)
2.70
Protein (grams)
10.14
Sodium (milligrams)
299.97
Cholesterol (grams)
46.47
Created using The Recipes Generator





8 comments:

  1. That looks SO delicious, Wendy. I have a bag of dried shiitakes that has lasted me years, too. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing they don't go bad. I always check to see if they got bugs but so far so good.

      Delete
  2. I totally know those mushcrooms, had them in China and have some at home. Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Evelyne. Great choice for our virtual visit this month.

      Delete
  3. Those mushrooms look so intriguing. I'm going to have to hunt some down in our Asian supermarket. They turn ordinary chicken into something really special. Thanks for a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Margaret. This was a great virtual trip.

      Delete
  4. Quick, easy, and very delicious. The dried Chinese mushrooms have so much flavor!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.