Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Mozzarella Stuffed Bread Sticks #BreadBakers

Tender garlic laced breadsticks filled with ooey gooey Mozzarella cheese.  Perfect as an appetizer or snack dipped in marinara sauce or as a side to your pasta dinner.


Please join me and my friends over at Bread Bakers as we share Cheese Stuffed Breads........

Sue of Palatable Pastime is hosting this month and sent out the following invitation.

"Let's make a loaf with cheese mixed into the dough or batter (not simply melted on it like pizza or a cheese pull-apart loaf). If a cheese cube is fully enclosed or encased by dough, that will be fine. Any type of cheese is acceptable, including vegan cheese, also powdered/dried cheese. Yeast breads and quick breads (those using baking powder for leavening) and even unleavened breads are all great. Some examples of acceptable breads without yeast include sourdough, muffins, coffee cakes, crepes, doughnuts, dumplings, tea breads, pancakes, popovers, scones and waffles."
I had grand plans for the bread I was going to bake and then life got in the way.  Before I knew it this event was breathing down my neck and I hadn't done a thing.  Luckily the last time I made dinner rolls , I placed some of the dough in the freezer after shaping it into balls.


Sunday, yes the day before yesterday, I pulled them out of the freezer and let them defrost. You can link to my recipe, you can use your own favorite bread recipe or you can use frozen dough from the grocers. Once your dough is made and or defrosted and ready for the second rise, roll it out into an oval, place some cheese inside, shape it into a bread stick and seal it up.  That's it, unless like me, you decide at the last minute to sprinkle some garlic powder on top.


Make sure you do a good job of pinching all of the seams together, you may want to use an egg wash to help it seal.  You can see where mine oozed out a bit which to me just looks yummy but I want you to be aware of the potential problem.  You can use any Mozzarella you like, I used fresh but shredded works too and Mozzarella string cheese works the best.  Use whatever you have in the house.


#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.

We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.  Let's take a look at what kinds of Cheese Breads the others baked up today.

BreadBakers



#bread, #breadsticks, #cheese, #mozzarella,
Breads, Appetizers
Italian Fusion
Yield: Adjustable to preferencePin it

Mozzarella Stuffed Bread Sticks

Tender garlic laced breadsticks filled with ooey gooey Mozzarella cheese. Perfect as an appetizer or snack dipped in marinara sauce or as a side to your pasta dinner.

ingredients:

  • 1 recipe dinner roll dough or 1 pkg. frozen dinner roll dough, thawed
  • Flour for dusting work surface
  • Mozzarella Cheese of choice, I used fresh Mozzarella
  • Garlic powder, if desired

instructions:

  1. Combine 2 portions of dinner roll dough and roll into an oval shape.  Place Mozzarella down the center of the oval.  Roll and shape into the form of a bread stick making sure the edges are all pinched shut.  Place onto a baking sheet and let rest for 30 minutes covered with plastic wrap.  
  2. Remove the plastic wrap.  Sprinkle with garlic powder, if using.  Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and baked through.  Serve while hot.
Created using The Recipes Generator

9 comments:

  1. This looks so good! Bread and cheese need to get married and dipped in marinara sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quick thinking in creating this recipe. People always think you can't "wing it" with baking. But these delicious looking breadsticks show that you totally can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best kind of breadsticks have cheese in them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the gooey cheesy breadsticks are a hit at home,... I see a delicious version here Wendy and sure to try your recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that stringy mozzarella oozing out from that bread..yum!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.