Thursday, July 12, 2018

Roasted Red Peppers with Olives and Cheese #ImprovCookingChallenge

This wonderful salad is the perfect addition to your next Charcuterie Board or Appetizer Tray.  It is so simple to throw together that I'm almost embarrassed to share it with you...….


Almost, but not quite because it is so delicious and perfect for those impromptu summer get togethers. 

Welcome to this month's edition of the Improv Cooking Challenge.....
Nichole of Cookaholic Wife has a fun little challenge each month where she provides us with two ingredients and sets us free to make any recipe of our choice containing said ingredients.

This month's ingredients were Olives and Cheese.  I love Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives so I thought this was a great challenge.  I thought about making Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives but I didn't.  Perhaps another time..or....I could just keep buying them at the olive counter of the deli.

So, how did I come up with this salad I'm sharing today?  


I was pulling stuff out of the refrigerator and pantry to make an Appetizer Tray.  I like putting out a tray of different items so my guests have a nice assortment from which to choose.  And it is a great way to use up all those little odds and ends in your cupboards and fridge.  


So I had pulled out some Roasted Peppers and some Olives.  As I was putting together the tray I remembered about this month's challenge.  I always have cheese in my refrigerator and thought that these baby mozzarella balls would be perfect mixed with the olives and peppers.


The peppers were already jarred in a marinade so I kept that and drained the olives and cheese.  Added them all together and let it set for the flavors to meld together until right before I was going to put out the tray.  I only had a couple of hours but if you know you are serving this it can be held up to a couple of days in the refrigerator.  I drained the salad before serving.


I'm anxious to see what the others created using Olives and Cheese.  Let's go visit their posts.






#improvcookingchallenge, #appetizers, #salad, #easy, #quick
Appetizers, Salad
Italian
Yield: 6-8 servingsPin it

Marinated Pepper Olive and Mozzarella Salad

This wonderful salad is the perfect addition to your next Charcuterie Board or Appetizer Tray. It is so simple to throw together that I'm almost embarrassed to share it with you
prep time: 5 minscook time: total time: 5 mins

ingredients

1 (12 oz) jar Roasted and Marinated Red Peppers
7 oz. assorted olives, drained
4 oz. baby mozzarella balls, drained


instructions

Pour the Red Peppers along with the marinade into a large bowl.  Stir in the olives and mozzarella.  Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to two days.  Drain and serve as a side to grilled meats, as a topping for crostini, or as a part of a Charcuterie Plate.
Created using The Recipes Generator


12 comments:

  1. I need to come to your house if that's the snack tray you put out! Talk about having all of the yummies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colleen, I would love to have you. What fun would that be?!!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Colleen! Olives are a weakness for me, this looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also thought of making blue cheese stuffed olives as that's the only kind I really like. What an easy appetizer for any party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only like black olives. But those little balls of mozzarella look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olives are definitely an acquired taste. Frank doesn't care for them at all. I can't get enough of them.

      Delete
  5. that's a lovely salad, Wendy with a Mediterranean touch to it..
    And how do I get on to this group - Improv cooking ? is that an FB group as well? pls do ping me the details offline pls. TIA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a facebook group Kalyani. I don't know how to ping though, so sorry. Here is a link to the facebook page though. You are welcome to join us. https://www.facebook.com/groups/improvcooking/?ref=br_rs

      Delete
  6. The tray with these Roasted pepper's with baby mozzarella balls, look so tempting, wish could have a some of this.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.