Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Spring Greens with Roasted Asparagus and Lemon Vinaigrette #KitchenMatrixCookingProject

I was given the opportunity to choose the recipes for this month's Kitchen Matrix Cooking Project.  The KMCP is a group started by Cam of Culinary Adventures with Camilla where we are cooking through the cookbook by Mark Bittman and sharing our recipes each Tuesday.


I'm starting off this month with Salad Greens +12 Ways.  Mark has 4 subsets in this chapter; tender, crunchy, sturdy and bold.  I was making a salad to start our Easter Dinner.  I had some artisan salad greens containing fresh red leaf and butter leaf lettuce. 

I had some fresh asparagus left from that bought for our soup that I will be sharing with you at a later date.  I tossed it with olive oil, salt and pepper and roasted it in a hot oven for about 10 minutes.  


I had some dill left that I had needed for my Scallop Crudo that was served as the first course.  I decided to dress this with Bittman's Lemon-Shallot Vinaigrette.  It was the perfect, light salad course to start our Easter Feast and will be the perfect start to your Mother's Day celebration next month.


Make sure you stop by and see the other salads shared below my recipe.  You can join us as we explore 8 ideas for Pasta Primavera next Tuesday.  Learn how at Cam's information post. 

Spring Greens with Roasted Asparagus and Lemon Vinaigrette
inspired by Kitchen Matrix by Mark Bittman

1 small head red lettuce
1 small head butter leaf lettuce
12 stalks asparagus
1-2 t. olive oil, salt and pepper
2 T. chopped fresh dill
1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
2 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 small shallot, minced
salt and pepper to taste

Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus.  Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone mat.  Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper.  Roast in a preheat 400* oven for about 10 minutes.  Remove from oven and set aside.

Rinse the lettuce well and spin dry.  Tear into bite sized pieces and place onto a platter.   Sprinkle with the dill and top with the roasted asparagus.

Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, shallot, salt and pepper.  Drizzle over the salad and pass remainder at the table with the salad for those who like more dressing.  Print Recipe

More Salad Greens + 12 Ways








6 comments:

  1. Yum! I have been swimming in asparagus this week. Will definitely try this soon. Thanks, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love adding roasted asparagus to my salads...the season is so short that I eat asparagus as often as possible.

      Delete
  2. Great salad. So "springy" and perfect for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful recipe which can be cooked during warm spring days! I am loving the easiest instruction!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.