Sunday, February 25, 2018

Tempura Chicken Nuggets #SundaySupper

Today we are sharing Fancy Finger Foods for Award Show Parties hosted by Christie of A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures.

I'm not big on the red carpet but I am big on parties for any reason whatsoever so I jumped right into this event.

I love serving up many different flavors and textures when setting up an appetizer buffet.  I also like to have a selection of hot and cold items.  Cooked and raw.  With plenty from which to choose whether my guests be carnivores, vegetarians or vegans.  I never want to leave any of my guests without something that they will enjoy.

Today, I am sharing some Tempura Chicken Nuggets.  These crunchy little nugget fry up in a flash and will be gone before you know it.


I served these up with a store bought sweet and sour dipping sauce.  They were gone in a hot minute and left me wishing I had doubled the recipe.  You can make these in nuggets or strips.  You can use the same batter for veggies and fish as well as chicken.


Enjoy these and all the other Fancy Finger Foods that you find linked at the bottom of this page while watching the red carpet event next week. These Chicken Nuggets are also great served up for dinner with a side of steamed rice and some stir fry veggies. This recipe will serve 4 as an entrée.

Tempura Chicken Nuggets

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. cornstarch
1 c. club soda
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste
peanut oil for frying

Combine the flour, cornstarch, club soda, egg, salt and pepper mixing until combined but some lumps remain.  Add the chicken and stir to coat.

Heat a few inches of oil in a large wok until shimmering (approx. 350*).  Cook the battered chicken, in batches, without overcrowding until golden brown and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per batch.  Print Recipe


Fancy Finger Foods for Awards Show Parties

Best Meat Finger Food

Visual Effects in a Veggie Finger Food

Supporting Role Sweet Finger Food

Sunday Supper MovementThe Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.

13 comments:

  1. I love anything in a tempura batter---and your chicken nuggets look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so my style of fried chicken ... more Chinese take out than KFC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son loves this the of chicken! Great idea to use this batter for vegetables too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tempura is one of my favorite fried foods! Such a perfect coating for the chicken. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This battered chicken is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If there's any left over, I'd totally pack them up for lunch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look absolutely mouthwatering! Love the batter recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.