Friday, November 17, 2017

You Make Me Blush Champagne Cocktail #CranberryWeek #MadeinFrance

I thought I would serve a cocktail on this Friday, the last day of  Cranberry Week.  I don't know how your week has been but I can really use a cocktail to kick off what I hope will be a relaxing weekend.


The cocktail starts out with this gorgeous, ruby red simple syrup made from fresh cranberries and cranberry juice cocktail.  Not only is it perfect for this drink but it would be absolutely beautiful drizzled on a dessert plate or over ice cream.



You can use any sparkling wine that you like with this cocktail.  I had a bottle of French Champagne from Jacques Bardelot that I received during our #MadeinFrance event.  That event was a wine and cheese party and this cocktail was also served up with a cheese platter as guests arrived for dinner one evening.



I would like to make a toast right now to Caroline of Caroline's Cooking who hosted this week long event.  It is a lot of work making an event successful and she pulled it off without a hitch.  Cheers Caroline!

You Make Me Blush Cocktail
adapted from Cuisine at Home, issue #60

1 1/2 c. fresh cranberries
1 c. cranberry juice cocktail
1 c. sugar
1 orange, zested and juiced
1 bottle Champagne or Sparkling Wine

Dip the rim of 6 champagne flutes into the orange juice and then into sugar, set aside.  

Place the remaining orange juice and the cranberries into a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.  Transfer to a sauce pan with the sugar and orange zest.  Bring to a simmer over medium heat and let cook for 10-15 minutes, until syrupy.  Strain and allow to cool to room temperature.

When ready to serve pour 1-2 T. of syrup into the prepared champagne flutes.  Top with Champagne and serve.  Print Recipe

See all the other recipes being shared for today's final Cranberry Week post - we hope you've enjoyed following along and will try some of the many cranberry creations!

6 comments:

  1. This is the BEST cocktail title ever. I have been curious about it since I saw the preview. This looks so festive, Wendy. I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt kind of guilty using the French Champagne. Any sparkling wine will work but it was very tasty.

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a great brunch cocktail. And yes, I agree cocktail needed :) Thanks for joining in Cranberryweek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed - a wonderful brunch cocktail this time of year. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.