Thursday, November 30, 2017

Lie in Wait; A Book Review

Image result for lie in wait novel

This is the first novel I have read by Eric Rickstad.  It is a murder mystery that begins with a young girl getting murdered while babysitting for an attorney who was representing a gay couple wishing to get married in Vermont.

The ensuing investigation uncovers an underground of homophobia, prejudice, intolerance and pedophilia.  It introduces a female detective trying to make it in a small town that contains more than it's fair share of misogyny and bible thumpers who claim to be doing God's work but belie that claim by spewing anger, hatred and intolerance.

This novel made my skin crawl, perhaps because it was filled with the sad truth that while we want to believe we have made strides in this world, the truth is that all we did was temporarily muzzle those who are intolerant and hateful and now they have been unleashed full force and we have to start all over again.

The novel, kept my attention and was an interesting and quick read.


2 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.