Sunday, April 23, 2017

Sunday Funday and the Weekly Menu

Hi Folks.  Sorry I didn't get the Weekly Menu out to you earlier but it has been a very busy weekend.

My menu for Friday night from last week was changed. We had Frank's brother and his wife over for dinner and she is allergic to shellfish so the crab went into the freezer for another day.  I made a couple new dishes including this soup for them that I will be sharing at a later date. Our main course was Chicken Piccata.


Yesterday we attended a surprise 21st birthday party for the Benda's Ukranian daughter, Nataliya. When Nataliya was last at our house for dinner, I asked what food she missed most from home.  Her response was Borshch.  As luck would have it, our Cook the Books selection this period featured a Borshch recipe from the Ukraine.  It is different from the Polish Borscht soup that I have shared with you in the past.  I will be sharing this Borshch recipe, that I took to her potluck party,  along with the book review next weekend.



Today, we are hosting our Dominica Dive Party get together.  I made up a pile of pasta, marinara sauce, meatballs, Italian Sausages and a Smoked Salmon Fettuccine.  Everyone else is bringing a dish to pass.  It will be a great party...you can't go wrong with this group of friends.



Monday is Tingting's birthday.  We are picking the Angel Face up from school and meeting her mama, Aunt Amy and Uncle Doug at a Fishbones restaurant for a dinner celebration.



Tuesday is Chuck's birthday, unfortunately we can't celebrate with him because he is in Virginia but I am making one of his favorite meals and Frank and I will toast him, praying that all his wishes come true this year.



Wednesday, Frank is holding a CPL class for our close friends, the Greens and their daughter and future son in law.  I am cooking up a Mexican Fiesta for their lunch.  Dinner will be leftovers from Sunday. Our German son, Max, celebrates his birthday today. This week is filled with birthdays of those we love.....unfortunately Max, too lives far away.

Thursday, our Cocoa goes in to  be spayed. After we drop her at the vet's we are heading down to help our friend, Karen, move to an apartment in the next town over from us.  We are excited to have her closer.  Thursday night we return to choir practice after a hiatus to recover from Easter week.

Believe it or not....there is nothing on the schedule for Friday...of course that is always subject to change.  So here is the Weekly Menu. We are celebrating #RecipeMakeover this week and I have a lot of delicious, nutritious recipes that I have made, so please stop by and take a look at what I and the others are sharing.

Saturday-Potluck Surprise Birthday Party
Borshch
Pickled Shrimp

Sunday-Potluck Dive Party
Pasta Bar

Monday-Ting's Birthday
Out for dinner

Tuesday
Grilled Steaks
Mushrooms and Onions
Baked Potatoes
Grilled Asparagus

Wednesday-CPL Class

Breakfast:
Strawberry Orange Muffins
Fresh Fruit Bowl
Coffee
Juice

Lunch:
Jicama Salad
Chicken Fajitas
Salsa and Guacamole
Green Rice
Almond Orange Cookies

Dinner:
Leftovers

Thursday
Dinner out before choir

Fish Friday
Spinach Salad with Strawberries
Scallops with Garlic and Cilantro
Leftover Green Rice


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.