Saturday, April 29, 2017

Spring has Sprung here on the Farm and the Weekly Menu

I am having a lot of fun walking around our new yard.  Seeing what was planted by the previous owners and making plans for changes and additions that we will want to make.  One of the things I want to do is to plant some tulip and daffodil bulbs.  Our old yard had tons of them and I am missing them very much this Spring.

There are some beautiful things in this yard.  Olive trees, weeping cherry trees, lots of hostas and day lilies, lots of shrubbery and bushes.


One of my favorite things right now is this tree that is blooming outside of our sunroom.  I don't know what it is but it has the sweetest little flowers on it.  If any of you recognize this tree could you please identify it for me?

We spent the majority of the day yesterday working in the yard and it is looking pretty nice.  I don't know if I mentioned to you that we built a new home for the chickens.  By we, I, of course, mean Frank.  We had downsized them when we moved last year and put them into this house and yard.

The yard was fine but the coop was way too small and we had no way to add light or heat to it in the winter months.  It was a long hard winter for my poor ladies.

As soon as the weather broke, Frank got to work, rectifying this sad situation our hens were in .  We bought a pre-made shed and he adapted it to work as a chicken coop.


Now,  that is more in the style to which they had become accustomed.  They are happy, happy hens and they are showing their appreciation by giving me tons of eggs.  Stay tuned for egg recipes folks!!

This afternoon we are singing at the 4 pm Mass then we are heading over to our friend's the Pryrt's for pizza before a large group of us attend a comedy show this evening at a local theatre.

Tomorrow, Frank has confirmation practice with our great nephew, Dylan, whom he is sponsoring. The confirmation ceremony is on Monday evening.  Tuesday is our Anniversary.  This year marks 25 wonderful years together.  Time certainly does fly by.  We will enjoy a quiet evening at home since our eldest, Amy, has put together a dinner party at our favorite local restaurant for next weekend.

Thursday is Frank's birthday.  We will celebrate that along with our anniversary over the weekend since we have choir Thursday evening. 

Friday, Frank and I are attending a mushroom seminar at a local nature park.  Hopefully we will find a lot of mushrooms and I will be sharing mushroom recipes with you next week.

For sure, I, and many others, are sharing tons of #MexicanRecipes all week long so that you are ready for Cinco de Mayo...unless, like us, you are traipsing through the woods hunting mushrooms LOL.

So here is the Weekly Menu.....enjoy and please stop by and visit during the week.

Saturday 
Pizza and Comedy with friends

Sunday
Pot Roast 
Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
Green Beans

Meatless Monday
Spring Vegetable Quiche
Lemon Poppyseed Muffins

Tuesday
Beef Pot Pie

Wednesday
Chicken Salad with Orange and Fennel

Thursday
Sesame Crusted Pork Chops
Orange and Sweet Potato Stir Fry

Friday
Out for dinner after Mushroom Hunting



2 comments:

  1. Is it a dogwood tree, Wendy?? 25 wonderful years together. Congratulations to both of you. And it will be a wonderful birthday for Frank too. Love the chicken coop. And your menu looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Paula, I found out it is a dogwood. Thanks for the anniversary wishes. I can't believe it has been 25 years and yet I can't remember what life was like before Frank.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.