Monday, April 3, 2017

First Monday Favorites

It is time for First Monday Favorites.  Our friend Sidsel of  Sid's Sea Palm Cooking, invited us to meet up with her on the first Monday of each month to share the recipe that is our own personal favorite from the month prior.


When I made these Pork Chops with Pear Chutney I knew they were going to be my choice for today's feature.  

I made these as part of the Crazy Ingredient Challenge that I join on the 20th of each month.  Last month's ingredients were pears and red pepper flakes.  I was so pleased with how quick and easy this recipe was and how absolutely delicious it turned out.  The chops were moist and juicy.  The chutney was sweet with just a hint of heat from the red pepper flakes.  The presentation?....Well, look for yourself.  

I made these just for Frank and I since I was experimenting but I can't wait to serve this to company. I know that my family and friends will love it and I'm pretty sure that your's will as well.

Here are the Links to Everyone's First Monday Favorites




10 comments:

  1. Those look wonderful. Never thought of pairing pears with pork chops, but I think that the combo would be fantastic. Thanks so much linking to First Monday Favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, these sound delicious! Sounds like a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just ate dinner, however, looking at these pork chops, I'm somehow hungry again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't matter how stuffed I am, as soon as I see good food I am hungry again.

      Delete
  4. I have to get some pork chops!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I imagine pear goes really well with pork chops - a nice change from apple and pork too!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.