Saturday, June 27, 2015

Welcoming July and the Weekly Menu

Things are heating up around here....not the weather....this has been a very mild summer thus far...but we are preparing for a very busy week month.

July is a chaotic, exciting, fun time here on the farm and I am anxious to share it with you.

Today my nephew is getting married so we will be attending the ceremony and party this evening.

Tomorrow, after Mass, I would like to go into the neighboring town of St. Clair.  They have an Art Show each year that is always very nice.  We will be having lunch out so we will have a light dinner.

On Tuesday Kirsten's mom and sister are in town so we are having them all over for dinner.  My brother should be arriving sometime Wednesday from California.  He is riding his Harley here again. He has done this for several years now, pretty amazing especially as he is 73 years young.  His wife and grandson will be arriving in the wee early morning hours on Thursday.  They are coming by train and it arrives about an hour from our house at 2 AM.

On Friday, Amy and Doug, Dick and Jackie, Tingting and the baby and Dawn and Tom will be joining us for dinner to welcome Larry and Mary home.  I think that my TC family will be here on Friday also but perhaps not until Saturday.  I am going to be dog sitting for them while they are camping with the other side of the family.

And so it begins......


Pea and Pesto Pasta

Saturday
Wedding

Sunday
Hot Dogs

Meatless Monday
Pea and Pesto Pasta

Tuesday-Company for Dinner
Greek Meatballs
Rice Pilaf with Carrots and Parsley
Greek Salad
Baklava

Wednesday
Country Ribs and Sauerkraut

Thursday
Grilled Chicken
Potato Salad
Broccoli Salad

Friday-Welcome Home Party
Baked Ham (on Grill)
Grilled Pineapple
Cheesy Potatoes
Roasted Beet and Tomato Salad
This and That Salad

4 comments:

  1. I am intrigued by the This and That Salad. You have a very busy week ahead of you. Do you take your mom out of the home for visits? Or is that too upsetting for her? Do you think she will remember your brother? I'm impressed with him riding a Harley all the way from California. Not something I would want to do. But I would like to ride that train to your house. Would be a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt that Mom will recognize Larry and Mary. She doesn't know me anymore except as someone who works there. She is good for going out for lunch or ice cream but only an hour or two at the most and then she gets nervous and wants to go back. The this and that salad is just that, a little of this a little of that to use up the weeks end of produce.

      Delete
    2. I am so sorry about your mom. It is probably much harder on all of your then it is on her. I think Alzheimer's is usually just so sad for those of who feel forgotten! Sending you a big hug! You are a wonderful daughter Wendy.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Paula. I am sure it is harder on us than her because she is happy as can be. My main concern now is that she is sleeping so much more but I just remind myself of her age. I know that they aren't drugging her because I have not gotten any bills for medicine LOL>

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.