Saturday, March 28, 2015

Weekly Menu for Holy Week

This is a very busy week coming up for us.  Between Choir, Masses, Services, Food Pantry and Easter Basket Distributions most of my time will be spent at one church or another.

Today we are celebrating Mom Klik's 91st birthday with a party hosted by Roz and Ron at their house.  We will be going over there right after the 4 pm Mass at which we are singing.

Tomorrow we are going to be hanging out with Jen and Randy all day.  If the weather is nice we are going downtown to the Farmer's Market and to Belle Isle which has recently been made a State Park. We will be having meals out except for breakfast, and perhaps we'll go to a movie in the evening.

Monday is the only day that I won't be running around like a chicken with my head cut off....they really do that by the way...I will be using this day to plan my Easter Menu.

Tuesday I will be shopping for the Easter Basket Food Distribution on Thursday and we have choir practice in the evening so I am making a crock pot meal that can be used for the rest of the week.

Wednesday will be spent at the Food Pantry to prepare for regular distributions and to make sure there are no last minute additions to the client list for Easter Baskets.  Wednesday night I will go shopping for our Easter Feast.

Thursday we will be distributing the Easter Baskets and then will be singing for Holy Thursday Mass. We will probably order up pizzas while doing distributions.

Friday we have church service at 1 pm and then are singing the Tenebrae at 8 pm.  It is also a day of fast and abstainance for us with no meat and only 2 small meals and one full meal with no food at all between 12-3 pm.  We will be eating out in between services.




Saturday
Dinner at Roz and Ron's

Sunday
Dinner out

Meatless Monday
Pasta, Pesto and Peas

Tuesday
Root Vegetables

Wednesday
BBQ Beef Sandwiches

Holy Thursday
Ordering in Pizza

Good Friday
Dinner out


Please stop by each day as I share recipes and photos.  I will also be joining up with Menu Plan Monday where you can find tons of menu ideas.

2 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.