Saturday, September 6, 2014

Stuffed Cabbage Saturday and the Weekly Menu

We are heading over to Algonac State Park near our house this afternoon to meet up with my cousins who live on the west side of the state.  They are camping at a fiberglass rv event and there is a potluck tonight.  My cousin, Janet, and her ukulele group are playing after dinner.  I am looking forward to it.  Janet is the daughter of my Uncle Dick.  Pops and Uncle Dick were extremely close and we spent a lot of time with these cousins as we were growing up.  Many of the older one's have children my age so they were more like aunts and uncles than cousins.  It should be a fun night. I am bringing stuffed cabbages for the pot luck as I have 3 heads of cabbage from my CSA that need to be used.

Sunday we are going out on the Benda's boat, weather permitting, and then all coming back here for dinner. I am going to make up a pot of Pea Soup and we will have Soup Sunday instead of Soup Saturday this week.

Monday is my first Parish Council Meeting for this year so we will have an early dinner before I go.

I found the Try it Tuesday recipe on pinterest.

Wednesday we are celebrating our son in law, Tony's, birthday.

Thursday we are back to choir so a crockpot meal will work out wonderfully.

I hope you enjoy browsing my Weekly Menu.  Please stop by each day for photos and recipes.  You can find a lot more great recipe ideas at MPM.


Saturday-Pot Luck Dinner
Stuffed Cabbages

Sunday
Split Pea Soup
Kohlrabi/Ham Casserole
Assorted Salads
Dinner Rolls

Meatless Monday
Poached Eggs on Toast
Fruit Salad

Try it Tuesday
Roasted Lemon Chicken with Potatoes and Rosemary
Squash with Applesauce

Wednesday-Birthday Celebration
Grilled Steaks
Baked Potatoes
Corn on the Cob
Salad Bar
Birthday Cake-provided by Tingting.

Thursday
Country Ribs and Sauerkraut
Corn and Summer Squash Saute

Fish Friday
Garlic Shrimp and Green Beans
Steamed Rice

One year ago-Enjoy Every Moment



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a week of good eating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather broke here and it got me in the mood for fall dishes I guess.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.